This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hopefully romance means deeper/better characters

#1Doctor_SpankyPosted 10/5/2013 4:05:30 PM
The news about romance makes me hyped because it means the characters will (potentially) be deeper. Hopefully the non-romantic relationships are more fully fleshed out too.

Deeper characters = better, more engaging story

Also, it makes sense from a business standpoint that GF didn't include a gay relationship. It would have been nice/more fair to have the option. But the amount of people who would buy a Pokemon game because it promotes gay rights is outstripped by the amount of offended conservative-types who would boycott/bash it
#2ChibiDeidaraPosted 10/5/2013 4:06:31 PM
Romance is so awesome for Games specially when you have choices.. but i'm not sure there is gonna be choices in this one
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#3AlbinoCrocodilePosted 10/5/2013 4:06:33 PM
Just wait to see all the petitons and gay rights facebook pages relating to this, all over the fact that they can't accept straight puppy love in a game made for children.
---
It's your own fault if you're taking me that seriously.
#4heartlessprinnyPosted 10/5/2013 4:06:43 PM
Don't count on it. I don't even know why people expect much from the story or characters in a Pokemon game.
#5EpsteinBarrPosted 10/5/2013 4:07:30 PM
This topic is going to s***.
#6Doctor_Spanky(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 4:07:44 PM
heartlessprinny posted...
Don't count on it. I don't even know why people expect much from the story or characters in a Pokemon game.

I don't expect much at all, I just want more/better
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/5/2013 4:07:55 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
The news about romance makes me hyped because it means the characters will (potentially) be deeper. Hopefully the non-romantic relationships are more fully fleshed out too.

Deeper characters = better, more engaging story

Also, it makes sense from a business standpoint that GF didn't include a gay relationship. It would have been nice/more fair to have the option. But the amount of people who would buy a Pokemon game because it promotes gay rights is outstripped by the amount of offended conservative-types who would boycott/bash it

Actually that's wrong.

Controversy improves sales, not hurts it. Otherwise GTA V wouldn't be selling worth crap right now with the offensive "Torture mission" and so on and so forth. Hell they've had gay characters in the series before, no one batted an eye lid. Same as Pokemon.

Harry Potter is another great example.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8KuraikawaPosted 10/5/2013 4:08:42 PM
heartlessprinny posted...

I couldn't agree more. The best I can hope for in a story in this series is that I won't notice it.
#9ChibiDeidaraPosted 10/5/2013 4:08:44 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
Just wait to see all the petitons and gay rights facebook pages relating to this, all over the fact that they can't accept straight puppy love in a game made for children.

One of the Gamespot Editors Bashed Persona 4 Golden for being "homophobic" when in fact there was just a character in the game who was bi and the other acting obnoxious about it Lol
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#10DeZA_U-K-GPosted 10/5/2013 4:09:11 PM
Why are some people making a big deal outta this? The MC cant even talk back, itll just be a one sided relationship.

Not a big deal