This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lol. Aegislash will probably end up UU.

#31ShadowMaster684Posted 10/5/2013 5:46:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32ShadowMaster684Posted 10/5/2013 6:01:22 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
IceDragon77 posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't see why being in UU deserves mockery.

I dunno, it annoys me that a lot of people on this forum are treating Aegislash like it's the second coming of Christ or something.
"OMG GOD TIER CONFIRMED WOOOWOO!!!!"

And I'm just sitting here looking at it's stats and ability and thinking to myself. Damn... this thing is disappointing considering it's completely destroyed by Taunt.
At least it will still find it's niche in Trick Room teams.

Taunt screws over a lot of Pokemon that rely on set ups and they're all still powerful. Every Pokemon has something that can beat it almost every time, that doesn't make it terrible.

And to be fair, with 155 and 145 offensive stats backing it up, it's going to be a tough contender anyway.

A standard Gliscor set is going to have Protect and Sub, which means that with Taunt you'll either have to choose between Earthquake to take out Aegislash and be significantly less useful overall, and Toxic, which won't do crap to Aegislash but would make it generally a more effective staller.

As far as other general Taunt users, they'll all get thrashed the turn that they use Taunt if the Aegislash user has half a brain and just uses an attacking move. Not much is going to stand up to those stats. Steel/Ghost has surprisingly solid coverage (while not perfect, Pokemon who share that dual-typing don't tend to have the best stats anyway, offensively or defensively), and you'll be hitting anything pretty hard with just STAB moves.

Everything has a counter, but I think Aegislash does a reasonable job of covering its bases. We'll see what its movepool lends to supplement that.
#33SurvivorTypePosted 10/5/2013 6:05:54 PM
Prankster Sableye will pose a serious threat to it. Assuming that it's still in UU, I haven't played PO in quite awhile.
---
You either eat the world, or the world eats you. Either way, it's okay.
#34SorceressTharjaPosted 10/5/2013 6:07:09 PM
Steel/Ghost has surprisingly solid coverage (while not perfect, Pokemon who share that dual-typing don't tend to have the best stats anyway, offensively or defensively), and you'll be hitting anything pretty hard with just STAB moves.

The complete list of 'mon it DOESN'T hit for neutral is:

Houndour
Houndoom
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Crawdaunt
Bibarel
Pawniard
Bisharp

So yeah, it's actually pretty okay on neutral coverage. SE coverage is decidedly disappointing, hitting around half of what Infernape can...
#35SorceressTharjaPosted 10/5/2013 6:07:57 PM
Also, all of the mon it cannot hit neutrally are weak to Secret Sword. Baring in mind I'm not including new 'mon.
#36ShadowMaster684Posted 10/5/2013 6:20:44 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
Also, all of the mon it cannot hit neutrally are weak to Secret Sword. Baring in mind I'm not including new 'mon.

Hmm, well, with two ideal support moves, that changes things up a bit.

Personally, what I'm brainstorming so far is throwing Leftovers on him and having this moveset (may change depending on what moves he has available):

-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak
-Secret Sword
-King's Shield

The unfortunate thing is that this isn't going to hit Sp.Def at all.

Given the nature of this guy, with how much he benefits from going last (keeping the Shield Stance to tank damage before striking), it might make more sense to just skip Shadow Sneak and go with something like Shadow Ball if it's available. Ultimately I'd probably skip Swords Dance and just focus on switching this guy out of situations he has no business being in.
#37hors_doeuvresPosted 10/8/2013 1:17:12 AM
IceDragon77 posted...
MillionGunmannn posted...
ITT HP Ice doesn't exist

HP Ice won't mean jack all if it's too slow to hit anything.

If you can predict a Gliscor's Taunt, that changes everything.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
#38-hotdogturtle--Posted 10/8/2013 1:38:54 AM
"Garchomp and Salamence suck because Ice Beam is 4x super effective on them"

Your sarcasm is lost because there are people who actually think like this.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC