This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

70 New Pokemon? How do you feel about that?

#21agent9149(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 7:28:04 PM
I hope this means they'll be spending some more time on the hoenn remake :P
#22HakeemTheDreamPosted 10/5/2013 7:28:59 PM
I'm pretty disappointed that there are only 70. New pokemon are what I look forward to every gen. The only reason that I'm not really upset about it is because most of the designs are good.
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png
#23Tigo73Posted 10/5/2013 7:30:09 PM
Admittedly, I find this a little underwhelming. However, with this being the most revolutionary gen i every other department, I can suck It and enjoy all the new things.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#24agent9149(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 7:37:48 PM
Tigo73 posted...
Admittedly, I find this a little underwhelming. However, with this being the most revolutionary gen i every other department, I can suck It and enjoy all the new things.

That's what I said. Would I want more pokemon? Yes. I would love it. But we have such an abundance of awesome things in this game. I will be happy playing this game.
#25Kagayaku08Posted 10/5/2013 7:38:19 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
MM125 posted...
Where is the "I'm f***ing sick of people b****ing about 70 Pokémon which is at this point still unconfirmed" option?

People have the right to voice their complaints y'know? Not everyone is a mindless drone >.>

I guess this means you get to complain about people complaining though :P

people have the right to complain about something when it happens. How do you complain about something you don't know will happen? Where do we draw the line on people's "right" to be irrational?
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#26Firelion6593Posted 10/5/2013 7:40:08 PM
Assuming there are only 70 new Pokemon, I'm not too unhappy. We've got some really awesome new Pokemon this gen, and the whole Mega Evolution thing is a definite plus. I would have liked more, but I won't complain too much.

If anything, introducing less Pokemon this gen extends how long they can keep the franchise going, a thought I rather like at the moment. Because they won't have as many new Pokemon this generation, it won't become too overwhelming in later generations.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#27SouretsuPosted 10/5/2013 7:50:05 PM
I'm fairly indifferent. Sure 70 is less than what we're used to, but there is a huge difference in the amount of work that goes into models versus sprites, and we now have full, good-looking models for every pokemon they've made. If fewer newbies bothers you guys, then at least take a little comfort in the thought that, now that the oldies all have models, they don't have to put so much time, money and effort into making them for the next game (or probably even the game after that; these models will probably be used for several consecutive generations with only mild touch-ups if anything).

Of the new pokemon that we do have, I like a lot of them. While I'm not a huge proponent of Mega-Evolutions, a lot of them are cool to see and I'm willing to see what they can do for the franchise. Plus, it's great to see a lot of my old favorites back and better than ever (<3 both Mega-zards).

My biggest issue with people on the internet, particularly gamers, is how ****ing entitled they feel. I swear, there are so many guys on this board who are prepared to write the game off over something so seemingly small. It's like someone's offering you a cookie and you're trying to swat it away because it doesn't have goddamn chocolate chips in it. Or in this case, because it has less of them than what you're used to.

I always do my best to look at every game I play for what it is, rather than what it isn't. And as long as this game is fun, I could care less if there were any new pokemon at all.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (452 laughs)
MH3U: Souretsu
#28paiprPosted 10/5/2013 7:52:19 PM
should be an option for, I'm ok with it but I'm also not convinced that that's all there is.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#29agent9149(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 9:27:57 PM
paipr posted...
should be an option for, I'm ok with it but I'm also not convinced that that's all there is.

"I will save judgement until I actually play the game myself." Seems to be the closest to that ideal.