This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys even if there is only 70 new pokemon.

#21jedinatPosted 10/5/2013 7:26:31 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...
its handheld graphics, its still not that great.

ill take the extra pokemon any day.

This. I don't care about graphics at all in any game, but definitely not in a cartoony handheld series.

This is just silly. Up to this point the games' graphics have been pretty much unacceptable. How can you watch something like this and say you'd rather have a few more pokemon you probably wouldn't use... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F4vuGUoWVW8#t=102
#22GaiamageXPosted 10/5/2013 7:26:45 PM
Also, to not give any credence to Mega Evolutions is silly. Gengar -> Mega Gengar is a huge change. So are Mega Abomasnow and Charizard X. To say Seel -> Dewgong, Voltorb -> Electrode, and Lickitung -> Lickylicky are better is ludicrous.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -
#23The_Undying_84Posted 10/5/2013 7:27:19 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...
Pale_Heart posted...
People forgetting Mega Pokemon are considered "new" too?

theyre not. theyre temporary form changes

They are indeed new, as the form changes didn't exist in the past.

So I don't know what you're trying to say. It's wrong however.

Even if Mega Pokemon count (I wouldn't say they don't count at all, but certainly not as much as a full Pokemon), it's not that many. Unless there's been new developments I'm unaware of, there are only 18 Mega Pokemon (counting X and Y forms as two), so we're still under 90.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#24ChibiDeidaraPosted 10/5/2013 7:28:22 PM
LightningHawk90 posted...
They've given us the first truly 3D pokemon handheld.

The game looks to be absolutely beautiful and there is still more pokemon available in this game without transferring than in any other game.

It's really not that bad.

Quality over quantity.

Freaking well Said ! =)
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#25Sloth9230Posted 10/5/2013 7:31:02 PM
So they put a lot of work into the game, that doesn't mean i have to be satisfied with everything. I acknowledge their work, but I'm still not happy with the amount of new pokes were getting, and no, I couldn't possibly do better.
#26GaiamageXPosted 10/5/2013 7:33:10 PM(edited)
vital_tundra posted...
Im glad the game is in full 3D and what not, but its a Pokemon game, and what is the main draw of Pokemon? The Pokemon. And its disappointing that there is only 70 new ones to choose from. GSC only had what? 100? And it felt lacking. And Megas don't solve that because its only a temporary thing that can either change the Pokemons type or ability. I would have taken prevos and evos of other Pokemon before Megas. In fact thats what I wanted, there are so many trash Pokemon from previous generations that need it but what do they do? Megas! And even then they only give Megas to the popular Pokemon that don't need it and make them OP. Thats not very fun. I will still play and love this game but to say I am okay with 70 isn't true at all.

You have a point, but let's be realistic here. More generations are coming. Does it really make sense to pump out 150 Pokemon each time? We already have so much overlap with past generations. And people are already complaining about the new ideas like the key Pokemon. I don't really know how GameFreak can keep pumping out new designs without jumping the shark. I think it's better to slow down and keep the design quality as high as they can while improving other areas.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -