This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before you make a topic about "only" 70 new Pokemon, just keep in mind

#1endergamer537Posted 10/5/2013 6:29:17 PM
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

Just putting my thoughts out there.
---
I sleep... at NIGHT.
3DS FC: 1864-8493-9429
#2ThePhantomZPosted 10/5/2013 6:30:58 PM
endergamer537 posted...
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

#2 is exactly why i am happy with this game. Like another topic, this could be the Xillia of Pokemon. Xillia felt unfinished yet finished. Maybe this game will be the same Game Z would probably add a lot more. Perhaps this is just Test 1 of using pokemon on the 3DS
---
<3.
#3Pontificus32390Posted 10/5/2013 6:31:02 PM
endergamer537 posted...

This makes me wonder, will they have different models/animations going forward? I always enjoyed new sprites, but models are models. Seems harder to make changes unless the animations are slightly different.
---
First Build: i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2 x HIS 7870 IceQ 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 1TB WD Caviar Black
#4Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/5/2013 6:31:08 PM
1) new gens are for new pokemon.

2) excuses

3) that wont do me any good after ive already completed the game, what am i supposed to do? restart the game every time they release a new one i want to use?
#5kingtracePosted 10/5/2013 6:32:01 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...

2) excuses

3) that wont do me any good after ive already completed the game, what am i supposed to do? restart the game every time they release a new one i want to use?

1) No, they aren't.

2) Very good excuses.

3) Yes, yes you are. Or just go to where they are and catch them.
---
I'm an Atheist, and I'm damn proud of it.
If that offends you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM and I'll correct your misconception.
#6Strain42Posted 10/5/2013 6:32:33 PM

I buy new Pokemon games so that I can use new Pokemon, and you nor anyone else is allowed to tell me I am somehow wrong for being disappointed by the amount of Pokemon we've got here.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#7GoomytheSaviorPosted 10/5/2013 6:32:47 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...

2) excuses

Its not like you dodnt get new pokemon jeez.
#8Sloth9230Posted 10/5/2013 6:33:04 PM
endergamer537 posted...

That's nice, but I bought Pokemon Y, not White 3. I play new generations for new pokemon, not the old ones.
#9MM125Posted 10/5/2013 6:35:13 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...

Why would you do that? Just...what?
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#10jedinatPosted 10/5/2013 6:38:12 PM(edited)
Strain42 posted...
I buy new Pokemon games so that I can use new Pokemon

Funny, half the reason I stopped playing pokemon games when I was younger was because I didn't like new pokemon. Different strokes, I guess... Though I'm not that kid anymore.