This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before you make a topic about "only" 70 new Pokemon, just keep in mind

#21ShadowMaster684Posted 10/5/2013 8:16:30 PM
Your entire first post should consist of the three words "I already did."
#22YveltalPosted 10/5/2013 8:16:44 PM
Red Blue and Yellow are still superior.
---
Gen 6 is going to suck. I'm the only cool thing about Gen 6.
#23ssyl9Posted 10/7/2013 8:14:14 PM
Strain42 posted...
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

I buy new Pokemon games so that I can use new Pokemon, and you nor anyone else is allowed to tell me I am somehow wrong for being disappointed by the amount of Pokemon we've got here.

So you have a team of 6... and you have 70 to chose from the new ones and another 600 more to chose from the old... Why the heck are you complaining?

Or are you training all 70 new pokemon to max lvl and ev?
#24S1-Winged_AngelPosted 10/7/2013 8:16:43 PM
endergamer537 posted...
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

1) I have used them all.

2) Not an excuse, you work for them?

3) Event Legendaries, not regular Pokes.
#25Sloth9230Posted 10/7/2013 8:21:54 PM
ssyl9 posted...
Strain42 posted...

I buy new Pokemon games so that I can use new Pokemon, and you nor anyone else is allowed to tell me I am somehow wrong for being disappointed by the amount of Pokemon we've got here.

So you have a team of 6... and you have 70 to chose from the new ones and another 600 more to chose from the old... Why the heck are you complaining?

Or are you training all 70 new pokemon to max lvl and ev?

I'm sorry, but that was stupid. Maybe they only want to use ones they actually like and can't find 6? Jeez.. If you're satisfied with the amount of new pokemon then good for you, but that doesn't make others wrong for being disappointed.
#26raver_zaktanPosted 10/7/2013 8:22:58 PM
endergamer537 posted...

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

1) I used them when I played those older games.

2) So? That's just making excuses. And if that IS the case, adding 30 more Pokemon wouldn't take nearly as much work.

3) Highly unlikely. For all we know, GF could be planning on releasing every new future Pokemon game for free. Doesn't mean it's something we should hold out hope for.
#27Bogmire216Posted 10/7/2013 8:27:05 PM
stfn12345 posted...
GaiamageX posted...
To the whole "I play new Pokemon games for new Pokemon", I want to make the case that your existing Pokemon are (re)new(ed).

1) Brand new 3D cel-shaded, fully animated idle and attack models.
2) New attack animations
2) Potentially new attacks
3) Potentially new abiltiies
4) Potentially new typings
5) Potentially new mega evolution

They're still the same old Pokemon though. And if 3D took them so long they should have just spent more time on the game. It's not like the 3DS is in a position where it needs to be rushed out the door. 70 is inexcusable.

This. Seriously, I would've rather the release date been March 2014 if that would give them time to come up with another 50 quality Pokémon. Gen V wasn't even that old so it's not like gen VI had to be rushed out the door, either. There is no excuse.
---
Friend code: 0903-3254-6934
#28Sloth9230Posted 10/7/2013 8:29:47 PM
Bogmire216 posted...
stfn12345 posted...
GaiamageX posted...
To the whole "I play new Pokemon games for new Pokemon", I want to make the case that your existing Pokemon are (re)new(ed).

2) New attack animations

They're still the same old Pokemon though. And if 3D took them so long they should have just spent more time on the game. It's not like the 3DS is in a position where it needs to be rushed out the door. 70 is inexcusable.

This. Seriously, I would've rather the release date been March 2014 if that would give them time to come up with another 50 quality Pokémon. Gen V wasn't even that old so it's not like gen VI had to be rushed out the door, either. There is no excuse.

Well, Nintendo might have rushed them, might have, but no one here can actually prove that. So it's just speculation.
#29Bogmire216Posted 10/7/2013 8:32:25 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Bogmire216 posted...
stfn12345 posted...
GaiamageX posted...

2) New attack animations

Well, Nintendo might have rushed them, might have, but no one here can actually prove that. So it's just speculation.

Yeah, that is possible I guess. Maybe they wanted these games out ASAP to boost the 3DSs sales since the Wii U isn't doing so hot.
---
Friend code: 0903-3254-6934
#30jEr3mYPosted 10/7/2013 8:46:20 PM
They should have cut down on older Pokemon and used those for new Pokemon.. It'd take the same amount of time to create a Gen 1-5 Pokemon model and a Gen 6 Pokemon model...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013