This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before you make a topic about "only" 70 new Pokemon, just keep in mind

#41The_Undying_84Posted 10/7/2013 9:36:45 PM
Guerrero_Son posted...
Everyone who has voiced their complaints and appreciations are at liberty to do so.

With that in mind, if those who truly feel this Generation falls enormously short of expectations, they should simply not buy the game. If enough people do that, it will become clear to Game Freak that the change was not fully welcomed. What should be criticized is the fact that while many complain about this Generation, they may ultimately purchase it just to have it.

Want to have something changed? Voice your opinion directly, create groups that advocate a difference (or in this case, a continued method), and/or show your disagreement by not buying. Through the game's reviews and scores, purchases, and customer feedback, Game Freak will see if their decision was a good one, a bad one, or one with poor quality.

I actually will do that, but I'm sure a ton of dumb *****es will still buy it even though they think it sucks.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#42Bushido20Posted 10/7/2013 9:38:40 PM
endergamer537 posted...
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

1.) Yea? Well how many of those are ACTUALLY available in the game huh? I mean without the need to trade someone or transfer from another game ...That's what I thought. There's onlya fraction of the poke's available without the need to trade.

2.) How many years has the 3DS been out? They had all this time to make the game. If they stopped making those dumb "mystery dungeon" and other pokemon games and stuck to their bread and butter they would of had more staffing power to make more new pokemon.

3.) Is a great idea. But lets look at the facts here. GF doesn't have a great track record with great ideas. 3 starters in a row with fire/fighting. They STILL include the IV system. The last gen was a joke.

I know most of what I just said is an opinion. But it's an opinion that a lot of people share.
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#43MagikarpRulesPosted 10/7/2013 9:51:37 PM
Bushido20 posted...
endergamer537 posted...
1) There are plenty of other Pokemon to use in-game, including a lot of fan favorites.

2) It would take a lot of work for GameFreak to have made the transition from sprites to full 3D models, and considering they had to make these models not only for the Kalos Pokemon but the 649 Pokemon before and all their forms, it would've taken a lot (A LOT) of work.

3) For all we know, GameFreak may be planning to release new Pokemon for free via SpotPass as they come up with new designs. You never know.

1.) Yea? Well how many of those are ACTUALLY available in the game huh? I mean without the need to trade someone or transfer from another game ...That's what I thought. There's onlya fraction of the poke's available without the need to trade.

2.) How many years has the 3DS been out? They had all this time to make the game. If they stopped making those dumb "mystery dungeon" and other pokemon games and stuck to their bread and butter they would of had more staffing power to make more new pokemon.

3.) Is a great idea. But lets look at the facts here. GF doesn't have a great track record with great ideas. 3 starters in a row with fire/fighting. They STILL include the IV system. The last gen was a joke.

I know most of what I just said is an opinion. But it's an opinion that a lot of people share.

1) The whole Kalos Dex is said to have around 450 Pokemon, so actually that means more than half of the old Pokemon are in there. Just saying.

2)Game Freak doesn't make the Mystery Dungeon games, and probably didn't make Pokemon Conquest either.

3) That's up for speculation.

Some complains are valid, I get it. But keep in mind that Gae Freak is new to the 3DS and 3D in general. Maybe the learning curve took its toll.
#44RaikuroPosted 10/7/2013 9:52:15 PM
Guerrero_Son posted...
only warranted if the other Trainer has one too.

That is not true. Or at least I have never seen that said anywhere.
#45Bushido20Posted 10/7/2013 10:06:07 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Bushido20 posted...
endergamer537 posted...

1) The whole Kalos Dex is said to have around 450 Pokemon, so actually that means more than half of the old Pokemon are in there. Just saying.

2)Game Freak doesn't make the Mystery Dungeon games, and probably didn't make Pokemon Conquest either.

3) That's up for speculation.

Some complains are valid, I get it. But keep in mind that Gae Freak is new to the 3DS and 3D in general. Maybe the learning curve took its toll.

1.) IF thats true and most of the starters are available then i'll be happy with that. Hell I don't mind if the rest of the pokes are paid DLC. As long as I don't have to risk getting my pokemon stolen to receive or evolve another i'm happy.

2.) Then GF should hire more peeps. I mean they had how many years inbetween this gen and B/W 2??

3.) Last gen seemed half arsed to me. Just did. A fricken ice cream cone for a pokemon?! I mean C'mon...

Gen 4 is still my favorite so far.
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#46kingcam07Posted 10/7/2013 10:07:52 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
1) new gens are for new pokemon.

2) excuses

3) that wont do me any good after ive already completed the game, what am i supposed to do? restart the game every time they release a new one i want to use?

---
psn ID: kingcam07
3DS Friend Code: 3797-6991-7772
#47kingcam07Posted 10/7/2013 10:13:24 PM
Raikuro posted...
Megas count as new Pokemon, which would bring the total over 70. If you say they don't, you must eliminate all babies and added on evolutions of previous gens since those aren't really all-new Pokemon either.

But they are new pokemon. They have new names and new spots in the pokedex. Even if you think Megas are new pokemon (which I personally don't) you can't say that they're in the same categories as new evolutions and babies. That's stupid.
---
#48AscendingLeoPosted 10/7/2013 10:15:43 PM
jEr3mY posted...
Firstly, I didn't say cut down on ALL older Pokemon.. Secondly Pokemon Bank isn't out for another two months, in fact just over.... That gives them time to make more models during that time... and to include them into Pokemon Bank, simply release a patch that enables them to work properly...

That's not how programming and development works...
#49SpikeTbearPosted 10/7/2013 10:17:22 PM
Maybe instead of releasing Pokemon Z, they will keep releasing new DLCs for this game for the next 4 years, until next gen arrives. Each DLC would add new routes full of new Pokemon, dungeons, and puzzles, and end with a new legendary.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#50kingcam07Posted 10/7/2013 10:17:29 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
But keep in mind that Gae Freak is new to the 3DS and 3D in general. Maybe the learning curve took its toll.

Companies and products don't get excuses. Their can be reasons for shortcomings, but when you put a product out on the market, no one cares about your excuses. (also, I can't wait to see the wave of people on these forums and others complaining about the small number of new pokemon after the game is released. Those who hadn't read up on the game and such beforehand.)

I think if a lot of people do complain afterwards, GameFreak is partly to blame because of how they blocked reviewers from mentioning the amount of new pokemon at all. To me that's kind of dirty.
---