This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think more than anything this game is gonna be about nostalgia.

#1Jabroni2000Posted 10/5/2013 8:34:11 PM
Some Pokemon games are all about the new generation, the more I think about it, the more I see X and Y as a look back at the series.

Think about it, they're doing stuff they haven't done for a long time. You get to pick a Kanto starter again. You can catch Mewtwo. Hell there's even a rumor that the legendary birds are flying around.

The Mega Evolutions are just another example. Think about it; in all of the other generations, has GF ever done ANYTHING to any OLD pokemon? No. It was just about adding new ones to the pile.

I think they SMARTLY realized that their way of doing things wasn't sustainable. People have complained for awhile now about the overabundance of legendaries, and even saying there were too many Pokemon.

Now we've got 70 new ones, which I think is a good number, maybe a little on the small side, but whatever. But think about what this game is going to be like in practice. The dex is full of 450 Pokemon, most ever catchable in a game. Only 70 of those are new. You're going to be wandering around and seeing Pokemon you may not have seen or used in years.

This is the jump to 3D ultimately, and I think GF recognized that it wouldn't be right to just make it another entry in the series in the same vein as Black/White. It has to be a reintroduction of everything the series has been.
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#2AlbinoCrocodilePosted 10/5/2013 8:34:44 PM
wat
---
It's your own fault if you're taking me that seriously.
#3Aladdin2557Posted 10/5/2013 8:35:16 PM
Gen 6 is secretly Gen 1.5
#4MoskidoPosted 10/5/2013 8:36:16 PM
Jabroni2000 posted...
Some Pokemon games are all about the new generation, the more I think about it, the more I see X and Y as a look back at the series.

Think about it, they're doing stuff they haven't done for a long time. You get to pick a Kanto starter again. You can catch Mewtwo. Hell there's even a rumor that the legendary birds are flying around.

The Mega Evolutions are just another example. Think about it; in all of the other generations, has GF ever done ANYTHING to any OLD pokemon? No. It was just about adding new ones to the pile.

I think they SMARTLY realized that their way of doing things wasn't sustainable. People have complained for awhile now about the overabundance of legendaries, and even saying there were too many Pokemon.

Now we've got 70 new ones, which I think is a good number, maybe a little on the small side, but whatever. But think about what this game is going to be like in practice. The dex is full of 450 Pokemon, most ever catchable in a game. Only 70 of those are new. You're going to be wandering around and seeing Pokemon you may not have seen or used in years.

This is the jump to 3D ultimately, and I think GF recognized that it wouldn't be right to just make it another entry in the series in the same vein as Black/White. It has to be a reintroduction of everything the series has been.

*Slow clap*
---
GT: XBPD x OVOXO | Twitter: @ImNotAbSoul
"What are you, a monk?" - Vincent Hanna
#5Mariofan15Posted 10/5/2013 8:37:33 PM
Yep. We're getting more old Gen legendaries then we are new ones.Kinda sad.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013