This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One bug line? ONE!?!

#11TherianReturnsPosted 10/5/2013 11:16:37 PM
Gen 6 phase

1. The hype.
2. The buildup.
3. The leaks.
4. The only 70 disappointment.

To be continued.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#12Scythemantis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 11:17:11 PM
As it happens, Gen 2 was the last time any type got only a single line in a whole generation (Misdreavus). Since then, it's seemed that three was a minimum as a rule.
---
creator of bogleech.com
#13CrystalKing5426Posted 10/5/2013 11:17:56 PM
Scythemantis posted...
As it happens, Gen 2 was the last time any type got only a single line in a whole generation (Misdreavus). Since then, it's seemed that three was a minimum as a rule.

Kingdra.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Dark Samus for SSB4
#14Gameorama91Posted 10/5/2013 11:18:20 PM
This is one complaint I've seen on here that I can kinda get behind. Bugs aren't even my favorite type, I just feel some types just don't have enough pokemon. I can understand Grass and Water having the most, but how little the amount some types have are getting a little ridiculous to me.
---
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
#15GolurkcanflyPosted 10/5/2013 11:18:23 PM
Oh no! It's only the sixth most common type!
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#16Scythemantis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 11:24:11 PM
Being the sixth most common type puts it around the middle, so I don't see why that means there can't be more than a single fully-evolved new bug.

And again, it's mainly sad because for this one and only new bug, they repeated the most common type of bug in the game instead of choosing anything new or different.

Just any other flying, weak insect would have been preferable to a butterfly.

I even LIKE this butterfly. I love its caterpillar and pupa, they're the most adorable I've ever seen...it's just not worth being the generation's sole insect.

Barbaracle is my only comfort, being one of my very favorite arthropods, but really a missed opportunity for water/bug. Fifth gen proved that crustaceans could be bug type.
---
creator of bogleech.com
#17Lucis_FerrePosted 10/5/2013 11:35:33 PM
I'm holding out a bit for the event legendaries

The last 3 proved they'll do some cool type combos and awesome stuff like GENESECT.

Even if we only get one as long as it's something cool like Dark/Bug or Poison/Ground or something.

...Okay if we only get one, the little legendary will probably be like, Psychic/*something* but yeah

Still yeah, I'm disappointed too. Bug, Ground and Poison are my favorites and they're just annoyingly underrepresented this gen >_>

What we got is good, just kinda bummed about what we lack.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#18GolurkcanflyPosted 10/5/2013 11:36:57 PM
Scythemantis posted...
Being the sixth most common type puts it around the middle, so I don't see why that means there can't be more than a single fully-evolved new bug.

And again, it's mainly sad because for this one and only new bug, they repeated the most common type of bug in the game instead of choosing anything new or different.

Just any other flying, weak insect would have been preferable to a butterfly.

I even LIKE this butterfly. I love its caterpillar and pupa, they're the most adorable I've ever seen...it's just not worth being the generation's sole insect.

Barbaracle is my only comfort, being one of my very favorite arthropods, but really a missed opportunity for water/bug. Fifth gen proved that crustaceans could be bug type.

Sixth most common is the upper third. Also there are around three times as many Bugs as there are Ghosts.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.