This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for people play the card game

#1JJH777Posted 10/5/2013 11:48:13 PM
Me and a friend are playing and having a debate over how status effects work. The end of the turn right after they are used is what is confusing us. Do the status effects apply rightaway? The specific scenario is I am using a beedrill with Poison Sting. It did 40 dmg and then I rolled a heads meaning the poison got applied. Does he take the 10 dmg from poison as well as the 40dmg from the attack right after my turn ends or not until his next turn ends?
---
9/1/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#2JJH777(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 11:56:34 PM
please help
---
9/1/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
#3dmaster342Posted 10/5/2013 11:56:51 PM
The poison is applied right away. There would be 50 damage on it before his turn starts.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#4EricDent1Posted 10/6/2013 12:18:38 AM
Poison does 10 damage after each turn.

So yes it should be 50 damage at the end of the turn.
Attacking is always the last thing you do.

Burn: if you are burned flip a coin at the end of each turn.
If tails the burned Pokemon takes 20 damage.

Paralyze: The defending Pokemon is paralyzed for one turn.
At the end of the turn it becomes unparalyzed.

Sleep: at the end of each turn flip a coin, if heads the sleeping Pokemon wakes up.

Confused: When the confused Pokemon tries to attack, flip a coin.
If tails the attack fails & the attacking Pokemon takes 30 damage.

Burned & Poison have markers to indicate those effects (you can be burned & poisoned at the same time).
Sleep you turn the Pokemon to the right, Paralyze to the left, and Confuse is upside down. You can only have one of those at a time (the new one takes the place of the old effect).

It should be noted that switching the Pokemon to the bench (either by retreating or other means) gets rid of all status effects.
As does Evolving the Pokemon (Like Pikachu to Raichu for example).

The rules are in every starter deck, and should be on the Pokemon.com website (under TCG) as well.
Most of the newer decks come with a paper playmat that has the vaious status effects on them as well.

BTW there are some Pokemon/Trainers that add damage to some of the status effects.
For example the Virbank City Gym.
Put 2 more damage counters on Poisoned Pokemon (both yours & your opponent's) between turns.

And Team Plasma's Crobat:
1 Psychic & 2 Colorless Ultra-Toxic Fang 40 damage
The defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 4 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon between turns.
It's still a stage 2 Pokemon that evolves from normal Zubat/Golbat.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need help.
---
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
#5WiiareVenomPosted 10/6/2013 12:23:23 AM
Do the Team Plasma Pokémon work like the old Gym Leader sets, or can they be evolvedto/from regular Pokémon freely?
---
Official Zygarde of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt.
#6EricDent1Posted 10/6/2013 12:44:40 AM
They just work like normal Pokemon.
They just have the Team Plasma logo & say "Team Plasma" on the card.

There are the usual Trainers, Tools, Items, Energy, and even Stadiums that are Team Plasma.
Of course they usually have Psychic/Dark Pokemon under their banner.
Though a few of the Legends are Team Plasma as well.

Of course now there are cards that counter Team Plasma.
Such as the new Drifblim.

It has an ability that makes its attack cheaper for each Team Plasma Pokemon in play.
The attack normally costs 3 Colorless energy (any kind) and does 70 damage. Plus it discards a Special Energy card attached to the Pokemon.

Team Plasma likes using Special Energy often.
Especially Plasma Energy, which does help certain Team Plasma Pokemon.
There is also a card that lets you look through your deck for a Plasma Energy and attach it to a Team Plasma Pokemon (it's called Colress Machine).

Since I liked playing as the "bad guy" teams in the older sets I built a Team Plasma deck.
All of their cards can be found in the sets with Plasma in the name.
Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, and Plasma Blast.

In the next post I will post my current deck, and what the cards do.
---
#7JJH777(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 12:56:07 AM
Thanks for the help. Another thing we were slightly confused about is sleep With sleep when is the first time you get to flip a coin to attempt to wake yourself up?

We are playing with mostly old decks and there is a haunter with hypnosis that automatically works with no coin flip. Do you get to flip a coin to get out of it right away or is not until the end of the next turn? It seems broken either way. On one hand in this case it seems kind of unfair to not get that chance to flip since Haunter is guaranteed to be able to put you to sleep. But the majority of abilities only put you to sleep in the first place if you win a coin flip. So for those abilities you would have to win 2 coin flips in order for your sleep abilitiy to be useful. How exactly does it work?
---
#8EricDent1Posted 10/6/2013 1:33:47 AM
OK here is my current Team Plasma TCG deck.
I don't claim to be a great player, and I don't have a ton of $ to build decks .
This deck does seem to work pretty well in a casual play situation.
I also went like 2-3 with a similar deck at the local Cities tournament.
Missed the first round, and lost 2 games (was totally not prepared to play but did anyways).

Note: all decks should have exactly 60 cards.

Pokemon:
(Number of Pokemon/Name of Pokemon/Type)

3 Koffing Psychic type
Basic Pokemon
HP: 70
Attacks:
1 Psychic: Tackle 10 Dmg
2 Colorless: Double Spin 20x Dmg
Flip 2 coins this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

3 Weezing Psychic type (Team Plasma)
Evolves from Koffing (Stage 1)
HP: 100
Ability (this is always active): Aftermath if this Pokemon is knocked out fro an opponents attack, discard the top 3 cards of your opponents deck.
(If you run out of cards you lose)
1 Psychic 1 Colorless Smogbank
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponents Pokemon.
(Don't apply Weakness & Resistance for benched Pokemon)
(You can have up to 5 benched Pokemon)
If you need Weakness & Resistance explained let me know.

3 Absol Dark (Team Plasma)
Basic Pokemon
HP: 100
Attacks:
1 Dark 1 Colorless Mind Jack 20+ Dmg
Does 20 more damage for each of your opponents Benched Pokemon.
1 Dark 2 Colorless Fearsome Shadow 60 Dmg
Your opponent reveals his or her hand (IE what cards they have in their hand).

3 Giratina Psychic Type (Team Plasma)
Basic Pokemon
HP: 130
Attacks:
1 Psychic 2 Colorless Hex 50+ Dmg
If the defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition (status effect), this attack does 50 more damage.
2 Psychic 2 Colorless Shadow Claw 90 Dmg
Discard a random card from your opponents hand.

1 Snorlax Colorless (Team Plasma)
Basic Pokemon
HP: 130
Ability: Block
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponents Active Pokemon can't retreat (they still can use a card to switch though).
Attacks:
5 Colorless Teampact 30x Dmg
Does 30 damage times the number of Team Plasma Pokemon you have in play (6 times 30=ouch)

1 Deoxys EX Psychic (Team Plasma)
Basic Pokemon
HP: 170
If you knock out this Pokemon take 2 Prize Cards
(You win by taking all 6 Prize Cards or KOing their last Pokemon)
Ability: Power Connect
Your Team Plasma Pokemon's attacks (excluding Deoyxs-EX) do 10 more damage to the Active Pokemon (after applying Weakness and Resistance)
(Yes you can stack this effect doing an extra 40 Dmg)
Attacks:
1 Psychic 1 Colorless Helix Force 30+ Dmg
If this Pokemon has any Plasma Energy attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Energy:

5 Psychic Dnergy
5 Dark Energy (they made a normal Dark)
3 Double Colorless Enegy (provides 2 Colorless Energy)
4 Plasma Energy (provides 1 Colorless Energy)

Trainers (in next post).
---
#9EricDent1Posted 10/6/2013 2:13:26 AM
At the end of that attackers turn is when you flip first to see if you wake up.

Anyhow here's the rest of that deck (if interested).

Trainers

3 Colress Supporter Trainer (Team Plasma)
(You can only play 1 Supporter on your turn, unless you have a very specific Pokemon in play)
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then draw a number of cards equal to the number of Benched Pokemon (both yours and your opponents)
(They have made most of the characters in the games into cards now, and some of them even have "full art" (picture takes up the whole card) versions. I just happen to have a full art version of this card in this deck. The other 2 are normal).

3 Team Plasma Grunt Supporter Trainer (Team Plasma)
Discard a Team Plasma card from your hand (if you can't discard a Team Plasma card, you can't play this card). Draw 4 cards.
(BTW the Team Plasma cards also have blue borders on the cards, normally the cards have yellow borders)

3 Shadow Triad Supporter Trainer (Team Plasma)
Put a Team Plasma card from your discard pile into your hand.
(If your curious why I run only 3 of these cards instead of the maximum 4 of each (except normal energy which you can have as many as you want), it just works for some reason)

Hypnotoxic Laser Item Trainer (Team Plasma)
(You can play as many items as you want during your turn)
Your opponents Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.
Flip a coin, if heads, your opponents Active Pokemon is also Asleep.

3 Colress Machine Item Trainer (Team Plasma)
Search your deck for a Plasma Energy card and attach it to 1 of your Team Plasma Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

3 Reversal Trigger Item Trainer (Team Plasma)
This is a Tool card.
Which means you attach it to one of your Pokemon that doesn't have a Tool card attached to it.
When the Team Plasma Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out by damage from an opponents attack, search your deck for a card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

3 Team Plasma Ball Item Trainer (Team Plasma)
Search your deck for a Team Plasma Pokemon, reveal it to your opponent & put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

3 Pokemon Catcher Item Trainer
Switch your opponents Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her benched Pokemon.
(Yes you choose which one to be switched to)
(Note this card is being changed to have a coin flip (if heads do that stuff))
Most "serious" players play with this card in every deck now...

1 Rock Guard Item Trainer
This is a new type of card called an ACE SPEC card.
Basically you can only have ONE ACE SPEC card in your deck.
This is another Tool card.
If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponents attack (even if that Pokemon is Knocked Out), put 6 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon

3 Frozen City Stadium Trainer (Team Plasma)
There can only be one stadium card in play at a time
Whenever any player attaches an Energy from his or her hand to 1 of his or her Pokemon (excluding Team Plasma Pokemon), put 2 damage counters on that Pokemon.

So as you can see, the Team Plasma stuff can be very annoying to play against.
---