This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

...only having 70 new pokemon is kind of a bummer

#11MrJinxedPosted 10/6/2013 12:28:39 AM
ChibiDeidara posted...
James-Noraa posted...
I understand we had quite a bit in 5th gen but 70 is dropping the ball.

though Greninja is already one of my all time favorites.

they could've went without mega evos honestly. That way we would have actual evos for older pokemon.

Quality over Quantity

Yh but they aint quality lol. Almost all of them wont see any use in the metagame unlike gen5 which had pokes such as conkeldurr, excadrill, hydreigon, muskeeters.
#12ZLn13Posted 10/6/2013 12:29:33 AM
Its not really that bad, idk I just have a feeling that nintendo has more to reveal about the game then we know now but if 69 or 70 new pokemon is where its at then its ok.
#13Strain42Posted 10/6/2013 12:30:09 AM
ChibiDeidara posted...
James-Noraa posted...

they could've went without mega evos honestly. That way we would have actual evos for older pokemon.

Quality over Quantity

Once again though, that argument doesn't work here for two reasons

1. You can't conclusively say that we'd have worse Pokemon this Gen if they had made more of them
2. That argument only works for people who actually think the Gen 6 Pokemon are of good quality. Those that don't like most of them are now stuck with low quality AND quantity.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#14James-Noraa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 12:30:45 AM
YMKF posted...
They can't go direct evolutions for older pokemons. That would break the game balance totally if the evos are permanent.

Not having mega evos at all like they should get rid of the megas and give pokemon that actually need evolutions evolutions.
#15ChibiDeidaraPosted 10/6/2013 12:31:41 AM
Strain42 posted...
ChibiDeidara posted...
James-Noraa posted...

Quality over Quantity

1. You can't conclusively say that we'd have worse Pokemon this Gen if they had made more of them
2. That argument only works for people who actually think the Gen 6 Pokemon are of good quality. Those that don't like most of them are now stuck with low quality AND quantity.

Very Good points... yeah i understand =)
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#16GolurkcanflyPosted 10/6/2013 12:32:26 AM
James-Noraa posted...
YMKF posted...
They can't go direct evolutions for older pokemons. That would break the game balance totally if the evos are permanent.

Not having mega evos at all like they should get rid of the megas and give pokemon that actually need evolutions evolutions.

However, Mega Evolutions were implemented because fans so desperately wanted certain 3-stage Pokemon to evolve again or change typing. This was their answer as to not break the formula.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#17Mr StickPosted 10/6/2013 1:16:12 AM
Strain42 posted...
ChibiDeidara posted...
James-Noraa posted...

Quality over Quantity

But what about GAME quality over POKEMON quantity?

I don't understand why people are forgetting there is a game part to Pokemon.

And that most people are just going to use their old favorites anyway. All new Pokemon do is add like 4-5 new Pokemon for you to add to your list of "pokemon I will use", if even. Mega Evolutions will even make it so you can get more 'old favorites' due to their new forms.

YMKF posted...

So I take it you believe Gen 2 and Gen 4 don't exist?
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491