This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great idea for a pokemon game for pc when theres 1000 and all types are covered

#1slaterastlePosted 10/6/2013 2:49:04 AM
You are in a field. You wake up. You have a quick ball. You run in the wild grass until you run into your first pokemon in between lv.1 and lv.9. You use your quick ball in the pokemon and it catches it. There is a master ball that comes with this pokemon. Your pokemon is weak so you go to the nearby pokemon center. Here you learn you can have up to 10 of each type of pokeball except the master ball, which you seem to have the only one ever made. You get ten of each and Nurse Joy says you can come back and refill at any time. There are 10 fields, each one with different colors and the farther you go, the more distorted the land becomes. The first has pokemon from lv.1 to lv.9, the second 10 to 19, and so on until at the final one they are from lv. 90 to 99. And at the end of the path leading through them all, you fight the evil pokemon emporer, who has a lv 100 darkrai, xerneas, registeel, tornadus, a pure ghost legendary, and a pure dragon legendary with very good move sets. Once you manage to kill him, you "beat the game."

Now I know this sounds lame, but we havent gotten to the good part.

See the thing is, every pokemon in all of pokemon would be in this game. And the lower of the level of the field you are in, the rarer of pokemon you have the potential of finding. The wild pokemon would be the most common, then the legendaries, then the starters, and then the event legendaries. You would only be allowed one of each legendary (including event), starter, and when you find a shiny you are only allowed one shiny of that pokemon, but if you have a legendary or starter you cant find a shiny of that until you get rid of it which I will talk more about later, but once you have a shiny of a wild pokemon you can still get normals of it just not another shiny, and you would be allowed multiple of the other pokemon. It would be something like a 1% chance of it being a legendary, a .1% chance of it being a starter, and a .01 percent of it being an event legendary, or if it should be more or less rare this isnt a final draft. This would be the chances in the lv. 1-9 field, so when you get it you have to train it. The chances would be divided by ten for every field you go over. You can go back and forth whenever you like, and can even use fly to go to any one specifically. The more common wild would be more common than the rare ones I think that makes sense. You wouldnt be able to catch evolved forms, only the most basic forms.. They would still be strong at high levels, and when you level them up they will evolve into whatever form they would be at that level, and if that form has better base stats then the stats would go to what the evolved form would be at that level. If you wanted to stop the evolution in the second form, the evolutions would be one at a time so you can do whatever you want. The chances of it being shiny are the way they are anyway, I think that is plenty fair. The legendaries and starters will be hard to catch no matter what level you find it at besides your first pokemon if you get that lucky, like low low health dusk ball at night or something like that and then it takes a few tries you know what I mean. I think this covers getting pokemon, now on to the final part.

See there is another mode, its called out in the world. Here you can run into other players like an MMORPG, and fight or trade or chat or do whatever you want. When you trade your legendary, starter, or shiny pokemon away, the game then allows you to try and get another one when you go back to the field. You could also just release the pokemon and try to get it again that way but unless you really need a shiny and cant wait to trade with someone that doesnt seem smart. And the best part is you get to customize how your character looks, and there is lots of clothes that are all available in the game....
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#2NoivernPosted 10/6/2013 2:49:23 AM
tl;dr no.

Pokemon francishe should just die before getting 1000 pokes.
#3Kami_no_KamiPosted 10/6/2013 2:50:17 AM
Called own idea great;dr
#4rocky505Posted 10/6/2013 2:51:13 AM
Dream on.
#5GensokyoPosted 10/6/2013 2:51:20 AM
Noivern posted...
tl;dr no.

Pokemon francishe should just die before getting 1000 pokes.

I was going to give a serious response, but then I saw who I was quoting.
#6LightningAce11Posted 10/6/2013 2:52:00 AM
Tl;dr
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#7slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:52:15 AM
...it would be like a pokemon community without any event crap or dlc or anything. I cant believe no one has thought of this. No money needed, and you can trade clothes if you really want but you would be able to change how you look at any time. There could be online tournaments and everything. You would get experience from every pokemon you ever make faint and that is why the field being divided into levels is awesome. I think this would be great what about you?
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#8Tzuba12Posted 10/6/2013 2:52:47 AM
Lol a pc Pokemon game. Right.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#9slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:54:32 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Lol a pc Pokemon game. Right.

if you want ds fine its just the graphics wouldnt be as good and you would need wifi to get on I was just trying to be convient. Maybe technology will get better ( no I dont mean from ds to 3ds I mean like better) and maybe there will be wifi in the air but for now this is what seems reasonable
---
#10LenohPosted 10/6/2013 2:57:17 AM
OP's post was such a wall of text it made me die in Tetris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQlvTt09yC4
---
This is my story. And you're not part of it.
PSN: Lenohyouki | Maple IGN: IgnobleGas - Bera