This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great idea for a pokemon game for pc when theres 1000 and all types are covered

#11slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:58:29 AM
Lenoh posted...
OP's post was such a wall of text it made me die in Tetris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQlvTt09yC4

Lol sorry it is divided into ideas, pause your game and read it XD
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#12Tzuba12Posted 10/6/2013 3:01:53 AM
slaterastle posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Lol a pc Pokemon game. Right.

if you want ds fine its just the graphics wouldnt be as good and you would need wifi to get on I was just trying to be convient. Maybe technology will get better ( no I dont mean from ds to 3ds I mean like better) and maybe there will be wifi in the air but for now this is what seems reasonable

1. Pokemon is popular and sells well because it's a portable game that encourages interaction between players online AND in real life. Nothing is more convient than a portable game.
Everyone has wifi these days, and if they don't, they don't have Internet or they don't have fast enough Internet.
2. Nearly every single series to ever become an mmo has ALWAYS sold worse than it did when it wasn't an mmo.
3.Nintendo does not and will never make pc games and a pokemon mmo has and always will be a bad idea. Handheld or not.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#13slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 3:13:55 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
slaterastle posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Lol a pc Pokemon game. Right.

if you want ds fine its just the graphics wouldnt be as good and you would need wifi to get on I was just trying to be convient. Maybe technology will get better ( no I dont mean from ds to 3ds I mean like better) and maybe there will be wifi in the air but for now this is what seems reasonable

1. Pokemon is popular and sells well because it's a portable game that encourages interaction between players online AND in real life. Nothing is more convient than a portable game.
Everyone has wifi these days, and if they don't, they don't have Internet or they don't have fast enough Internet.
2. Nearly every single series to ever become an mmo has ALWAYS sold worse than it did when it wasn't an mmo.
3.Nintendo does not and will never make pc games and a pokemon mmo has and always will be a bad idea. Handheld or not.

. It can be portable by all means that is better, but I mean will going online be more of a pain? And will the connection be as good as if you were on a computer?

When I said MMO, I didnt mean you need to pay monthly, that is the reason they dont sell as well, the online would be included freeWhen I say MMO, I mean like GTAIV online sort of like its just a mode you can run into anyone. There could be areas people hang out and maybe even clans and such it would be cool.

Again I only said PC because of graphics and online flow because imagine how huge this would be. But if it would work better as a portable game then that is fine by me, again I just thought it would be more convienient due to what I have said already.

Your 3rd point is completely accurate and I cant argue besides the fact that there are games on multiple systems that exist, I know pokemon hasnt done this but maybe because of how huge this game is they may need to. Im sure it would sell great, just charge like 50 bucks and imagine how many people would buy it. And it would never get old unless they continued with pokemon and then updated it, or if they had too make another game and upgrade it and put a 2 in the title.

Another idea is when you have a battle, you could put in the settings whether you want it to be according to gen1, 2-5, or 6, or if it changes again those types and such. You wouldnt be allowd to bring pokemon from 6 into a 2-5 and you wouldnt be able to bring pokemon from either of these 2 into a gen 1 battle. It would just make you go change out your pokemon. I think that would be cool also.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#14MaplesGrandGMPosted 10/6/2013 3:20:05 AM
This isn't how anyone would want a Pokemon MMO to be, and there will never be a single player Pokemon PC game.
#15slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 3:22:52 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
This isn't how anyone would want a Pokemon MMO to be, and there will never be a single player Pokemon PC game.

All I know is I want a game where I can get any pokemon so no cheating is involved if you miss an event and everyone deserves to have every starter and this sounds like fun. I dont mean an MMO exactly I just like the idea of a pokemon online community, and I dont think that is too bad considering pokemon already uses wifi and people already trade and stuff
---