This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why are the retailers so effin dumb

#1terraXnortPosted 10/6/2013 3:15:28 AM
Can they read? can they not see the release date printed on the shipment box or on the system or whatever? i dont care if people get the game early, but i just dont see how logistic errors like this could happen
---
noel 0361-6829-8617
#2Vintersorg666Posted 10/6/2013 3:16:26 AM
Greed? Stupidity? A combination?
---
Kill the tyrant's endless conquest
With no mercy, straight for his heart
#3patapikachuPosted 10/6/2013 3:16:53 AM
More like envy.
---
Kingdoms under heaven: once united will divide, once divided will unite.
[insert remarks here]
#4GensokyoPosted 10/6/2013 3:17:29 AM
You know that they're most likely not selling them early by accident, right?
#5terraXnort(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 3:20:11 AM(edited)
i dont care if people got the game early at all. In fact i was glad that the game got leaked. I am just curious about how this could happen. i mean are there legal consequences for breaking the street date
---
noel 0361-6829-8617
#6Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 10/6/2013 3:24:56 AM
terraXnort posted...
i dont care if people got the game early at all. In fact i was glad that the game got leaked. I am just curious about how this could happen. i mean are there legal consequences for breaking the street date

Yes. Kosthedin (the guys from instagram) and everyone else who have purchased the games from the same store had to return ALL of it back and the people to not return them would be fined $2000. Meh..wouldn't fault Gamefreak for doing that though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2015!
#7scitch1Posted 10/6/2013 3:25:41 AM
lol yeah its not accident

welcome to the world of retail

its clever business to "accidentally" sell before your thousands of competitors
---
Signature
#8Aladdin2557Posted 10/6/2013 3:26:24 AM
patapikachu posted...
More like envy.
#9CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/6/2013 3:27:13 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
terraXnort posted...

Yes. Kosthedin (the guys from instagram) and everyone else who have purchased the games from the same store had to return ALL of it back and the people to not return them would be fined $2000. Meh..wouldn't fault Gamefreak for doing that though.

Kosthedin didn't have to return it, really, and it wasn't him that would have been fined. The store would have been fined $2000 for every copy not returned. That's the story anyway, and some others have corroborated it, I think.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#10LightningHawk90Posted 10/6/2013 3:27:39 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
terraXnort posted...

Uh no.. They all got to keep their copies. The store was fined for each copy that went out the door.
---
Posted using GameFlux