This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why are the retailers so effin dumb

#11KentousaiPosted 10/6/2013 3:28:16 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
terraXnort posted...
i dont care if people got the game early at all. In fact i was glad that the game got leaked. I am just curious about how this could happen. i mean are there legal consequences for breaking the street date

Yes. Kosthedin (the guys from instagram) and everyone else who have purchased the games from the same store had to return ALL of it back and the people to not return them would be fined $2000. Meh..wouldn't fault Gamefreak for doing that though.

Actually I'm pretty sure the people that bought the games can't and won't be fined. The fault doesn't really lie with the consumer, but instead with the retailer (from what I understand). Also I heard that the fine is actually for the store(s) that broke street dates. They'll be fined $2000 per game that isn't returned.
#12Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 10/6/2013 3:31:24 AM
^Ok sorry lol
I read that wrong, my mistake.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool?
Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon
for 2015!
#13StevenDrkPrincePosted 10/6/2013 3:34:42 AM(edited)
I tried to get mine early and they told me if they did they would get fined 50,000 dollars..
---
3DS XL FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." LOOKING FOR PUDGE
#14KokiburiPosted 10/6/2013 3:35:11 AM
Have you ever worked in retail? It's a bottomless pit of misery and despair. It sells early beachside some poor guy just wants to end his shift and doesn't pay attention to what he's doing