This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poison should be super effective on water

#21Emperor_mateusPosted 10/6/2013 12:46:05 PM
Its all about the amount used. Drop a glass of poison in the sea and it isn't likely to do something, but drop some poison in a glass of water and things can get dangerous.

I don't mind the two being neutral against each other. I would rather see poison being super effective on fighting.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#22GolurkcanflyPosted 10/6/2013 12:46:16 PM
Poison should be SE against Fighting again.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#23slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 12:46:34 PM
robinhoek posted...
slaterastle posted...
Mobile_Platform posted...
But water usually dilutes poison...

But if poison is put in water, I'm not going to drink it.

Poison super effective on everything is a bit much, but hey maybe idk

Yeah but if you get poison on you you might want some water to wash it off.

But if poison is on me, it won't hurt me unless I lick it or something. Plus I would need soap and we aren't going to mix water types with soap types to make them better.

Steel fairy is the most defensive type ever, dark ghost is still awesome even though fairy ruined its immunity streak, and electrode will forever be invincible due to levitating over its only weakness. So water/fighting isn't that great.

And all I know is poison is bad no matter how strong or weak it is.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#24Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 12:46:47 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
Does this topic even need to exist anymore? Poison got an immense buff, being one of only two things able to counter Fairy. That plus the fact it is great on the defensive side means Poison really doesn't need anything else, except maybe more Poison-types with better stats.

The typings that need buffs are Ice (needs less weaknesses), Psychic (needs to be SE on something else), and maybe Grass (it could use less weaknesses too I guess.) That's it. I really don't even think Bug needs anything changed.

There are only like 3 competitively viable Bug types, and you don't think anything needs to be changed?

(Scizor is only amazing due to Steel sub type, Heracross is part Fighting, and Volcarona has Quiver dance, Bug has nothing to do with them being awesome competitively.)

Let me not mention 99% of NU is Bug Pokemon. (Exaggerating but close enough)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#25Iced_ShadowsPosted 10/6/2013 12:48:24 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
Does this topic even need to exist anymore? Poison got an immense buff, being one of only two things able to counter Fairy. That plus the fact it is great on the defensive side means Poison really doesn't need anything else, except maybe more Poison-types with better stats.

The typings that need buffs are Ice (needs less weaknesses), Psychic (needs to be SE on something else), and maybe Grass (it could use less weaknesses too I guess.) That's it. I really don't even think Bug needs anything changed.

There are only like 3 competitively viable Bug types, and you don't think anything needs to be changed?

(Scizor is only amazing due to Steel sub type, Heracross is part Fighting, and Volcarona has Quiver dance, Bug has nothing to do with them being awesome competitively.)

Honestly, as far as I can tell Bug types simply need better stats. GameFreak just makes too many with subpar stats.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#26Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 12:49:42 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...

Honestly, as far as I can tell Bug types simply need better stats. GameFreak just makes too many with subpar stats.

Well that's the thing aside from movepools. But they do need buffs then as you implied about the stats. (seriously, Beedrill is slower than Blastoise. Like wut?)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#27ClassyOldHatPosted 10/6/2013 12:50:45 PM
slaterastle posted...
But water usually dilutes poison...

But if poison is put in water, I'm not going to drink it.

Poison super effective on everything is a bit much, but hey maybe idk

That's not every poison. Sure some poison is the odorless and colorless one drink kill that old kings used to fret about, but most is fairly harmless in anything but huge doses.

Most poison is also fairly harmless to plants in anything but large doses.
#28slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 12:51:34 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
No, Water should be SE on Poison

When you get chemicals in your eye, what's the first thing you should do? Rush to the water fountain eye flushing station!

But what is in your body that poison makes bad? You guessed it, water.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#29Iced_ShadowsPosted 10/6/2013 12:55:02 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...

Well that's the thing aside from movepools. But they do need buffs then as you implied about the stats. (seriously, Beedrill is slower than Blastoise. Like wut?)

Is it really slower than Blastoise? Wat. Man, I'd kill to see Mega Evolutions for things like Beedrill. I honestly think the only Mega Evolutions we've gotten that were actually truly needed were Mawile's and Blastoise's. Even Charizard has good enough stats to hit hard, it just has a terrible typing.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#30Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 12:56:28 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...

Is it really slower than Blastoise? Wat. Man, I'd kill to see Mega Evolutions for things like Beedrill. I honestly think the only Mega Evolutions we've gotten that were actually truly needed were Mawile's and Blastoise's. Even Charizard has good enough stats to hit hard, it just has a terrible typing.

Agreed. Hopefully they'll continue to make them after this gen and target "inferior" Pokemon. As much as I want to like Beedrill, and ____ thier craptasticness sucks.
---