This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm gonna spin the whole 70 thing around and say there are more new Pokemon

#1HoundoomedPosted 10/6/2013 5:35:12 AM(edited)
There's 87 (so far). Megas count.

If you're gonna say they don't, then the gen 4 evolutions of the old Pokemon don't count either. Now calculate how many new ones were there. I don't feel like it.

Do the same with gen 2 and 3 too, if you're going to do it, please. I'm pretty curious about the numbers of actual new Pokemon in those.

Sylveon also doesn't count as a completely new Pokemon. It came from Eevee.

You say it's not the same thing? Mega Evolutions. See that word? Sure, it's temporary, but it still counts. So, if you don't want to count Megas, your precious old Pokemon evolutions don't count either.

Now be quiet and do some calculating. I guarantee you than only gen 5 will show more than 100 actual new Pokemon. Well, actually, gen 3 might too.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#2LightningAce11Posted 10/6/2013 5:34:06 AM
Why don't we just get the game and prove it for ourselves?
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3HejiruPosted 10/6/2013 5:35:13 AM
Houndoomed posted...
Megas count. If you're gonna say they don't, then the gen 4 evolutions of the old Pokemon don't count either.

Now how did you come to this failure of logic?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4p00platysPosted 10/6/2013 5:35:54 AM
1. Mega Evos are temporary forms that reset after battle.

2. You can only have one per team.

3. It completely takes away the option for a held item.

4. Sylveon is a permanent evo that none of the above points apply to.

5. The gen 4 evos apply to point 4 as well.
---
i7-3970x Extreme 4.7GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX Titan x2 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD x2 | WD Black 4TB HDD x2 | G.Skill Trident X 24GB DDR3-2800 | ASRock X79 Extreme11
#5Houndoomed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:36:01 AM
Hejiru posted...
Houndoomed posted...
Megas count. If you're gonna say they don't, then the gen 4 evolutions of the old Pokemon don't count either.

Now how did you come to this failure of logic?

Simple, I'm grasping for straws. Any excuse for more or less new Pokemon is a good excuse.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#6bretonftwPosted 10/6/2013 5:36:12 AM
Houndoomed posted...

Now be quiet and do some calculating. I guarantee you than only gen 5 will show more than 100 actual new Pokemon. Well, actually, gen 3 might too.

Hoenn did have more than 100 right?
---
I love Twilight and the Biebs and Fairies
FC: 3969-4527-9578
#7Houndoomed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:37:38 AM
p00platys posted...
1. Mega Evos are temporary forms that reset after battle.

2. You can only have one per team.

3. It completely takes away the option for a held item.

4. Sylveon is a permanent evo that none of the above points apply to.

5. The gen 4 evos apply to point 4 as well.

Mega Mewtwo was called a mysterious new Pokemon. They count.

Applies to all of your points.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#8BrightStar7Posted 10/6/2013 5:37:59 AM
Its funny that even with all the megas included the total still isn't close to 100. People are trying way too hard.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 10/6/2013 5:39:36 AM
While every detail of Mega Evolutions isn't known yet, from the current information they seem more like temporary Form Changes than actual evolutions. The pokemon changes, but not into a different creature.

As such, I don't count Megas in the number of new pokemon(not that it matters, anyway)
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#10EidolithPosted 10/6/2013 5:39:37 AM
So you'd count darmanitan's zen mode as a new pokemon too then? same as origin giratina, shaymin skyforme, different coloured shellos not to forget every single anon? etc. etc.

I only see megas as glorified forms, strong, but only temporary, i find the whole mega thing lame, but that's just me.