This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friend Safari?

#1Tasty_SoupPosted 10/6/2013 5:26:57 AM
I read something about generating a safari zone like event using your friend's pokedex or something... I read it on this board, but I can't find it anymore. Is this real? If so, can someone elaborate?
---
3DS FC - 4828-4534-3725
#2StaticnovaPosted 10/6/2013 5:28:30 AM
According to a leaker, it's real, yes.

All we know is that it's a safari zone that becomes populated by Pokemon based on your friends. It's a post-game area.
---
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
#313rucezzzPosted 10/6/2013 5:29:57 AM
Inb4 arceus
---
Friend code 3DS (PM me if you added me) = 2879-0303-7697
Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Suite Address Code: 6100-2474-3220 town=Holland/Player name=13ruce!=D=P
#4Megumi samaPosted 10/6/2013 5:33:48 AM
Tasty_Soup posted...
I read something about generating a safari zone like event using your friend's pokedex or something... I read it on this board, but I can't find it anymore. Is this real? If so, can someone elaborate?

Kanpachi I believe was the one who posted about it (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Basically you have a patch of grass that you can visit by choosing a friend off your FC list. The FC is used as the basis of generating some wild pokemon: he said he was finding Illumise in the patch of grass, so we don't kow if it will give you access to non-Kalos native pokemon (since Illumise is native). He also suggested that the variety would be larger if the other person is currently playing Pokemon too, but no explanation of why he believed that was the case.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#5Lizuka8002Posted 10/6/2013 5:37:30 AM
I wonder if they have restrictions on it, or if it'll be possible, albeit not very likely, to have starters and legends show up.
#6Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:37:54 AM
Interesting. So is it just random pokemon, or only pokemon owned by your friend?
---
3DS FC - 4828-4534-3725
#7Megumi samaPosted 10/6/2013 5:44:38 AM
Tasty_Soup posted...
Interesting. So is it just random pokemon, or only pokemon owned by your friend?

The leaker said the FC he used was his girlfriend's, who I assume doesn't have the game yet (though she might for all we know.) I have a feeling it's generated by the friend code, and it has a different formula that expands it based on their "currently playing" status.
---
We're the only Marvel title that features squirrels. And do you really want a squirrel-free comic? I don't think so. - Dan Slott, on GLA
#8RotomGuy3Posted 10/6/2013 5:45:50 AM
I have a feeling it relates to customization somehow.
#9LexifoxPosted 10/6/2013 5:49:34 AM
Is this a Safari Zone in the sense that you go in and just throw balls at wild Pokemon that run away because why not?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod