This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak isn't usually bad with typings

#1totaldude94Posted 10/6/2013 6:05:42 AM(edited)
You know, we have Pokemon like Jellicent and Galvantula.

But this gen had SO MANY missed opportunities:

Florges (wtf no grass typing?)
Goodra (I guess Dragalge makes up for it)
Xerneas (why only pure fairy?)
Heliolisk (Why normal? I guess better than nothing)
Clawitzer
Pyroar (Again, why normal?)

I can understand Diggersby, as it was normal to begin with.
---
3196 3376 6958 3ds FC
#2TherianReturnsPosted 10/6/2013 6:06:35 AM
Grass and fairy typing is not that good. Just saying. Pure fairy is boring but underrated.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#3EtoRangerPosted 10/6/2013 6:10:49 AM
I would have liked more unique typings for Goodra and Clawitzer.(At least they have good types.)
#4hellslingerPosted 10/6/2013 6:11:42 AM
Wait, was the Skrelp evo confirmed Poison/Dragon?

And as to Pyroar, it seems like Gamefreak likes to give a lot of real world animals part normal. I mean now with Fairy taking the spot for some normal types you've got the birds, the rodents, cats, cows, monkeys, bears, deers, lions... well you get the idea.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#5finaleusPosted 10/6/2013 6:14:09 AM
I like it when a pokemon has normal as a secondary type. Stab normal moves, ghost immunity, and fighting isnt a big deal as a weakness if you got a flying/psychic/ghost (and now fairy) type to switch to
#6totaldude94(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 6:14:42 AM
hellslinger posted...

And as to Pyroar, it seems like Gamefreak likes to give a lot of real world animals part normal. I mean now with Fairy taking the spot for some normal types you've got the birds, the rodents, cats, cows, monkeys, bears, deers, lions... well you get the idea.

Yup, it was confirmed. There was a picture but I lost it haha.

I would've liked Goodra to be Dragon/Poison, though. I liked pseudos better.
---
3196 3376 6958 3ds FC
#7R__TruthPosted 10/6/2013 6:16:20 AM(edited)
Pyroar's Normal typing isn't even that bad, STAB Return for a fighting weakness is a good exchange.
---
3DS FC - 3050-8064-0629
#8TorchicBlazikenPosted 10/6/2013 6:15:53 AM
totaldude94 posted...
hellslinger posted...

Yup, it was confirmed. There was a picture but I lost it haha.

I would've liked Goodra to be Dragon/Poison, though. I liked pseudos better.

It could have been Dragon/Fighting, its Dex entry mentions its punching ability.
#9StaticnovaPosted 10/6/2013 6:30:26 AM(edited)
Kinda glad Clawitzer is only Water, to be honest. Keep those weaknesses to a minimum.
---
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
#10JacornonthecobPosted 10/6/2013 6:16:53 AM
Are you serious? I hope you complained about Eelecktross, Stunfisk, Groudon, Girrafarig, and absol as well.