This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak isn't usually bad with typings

#21bd43Posted 10/7/2013 5:15:14 AM
scitch1 posted...
bd43 posted...
scitch1 posted...
why the hell do people always want dual types

adding grass typing to flabebe evos does nothing but add UNnecessary weakness you do realize that pure fairy is pretty awesome typing

On the one hand, you may be right. Design should be appreciated on some ends as is.

On the other hand, your counter argument is terrible. Every pokemon should be viable as created. If it's not, because of poor typing, that's not the design's fault or the pokemon's fault or even players wanting it's fault. It's GFs fault.

Florges. Has Flor(flower) in it's name. Carries flowers. Looks like a grass type. Argument is fair that it should be one. Who cares if it's slightly worse? Competitive battlers are worse than people just complaining about each design.

As for always wanting Dual types - This gen, it's logical. The game uses and sells old designs heavily. Repeating older designs and giving pokemon generic or flat typing done better elsewhere is a bad idea. They should stand out. And in some cases they did well enough. In others, it's meh.

Like Vivillon. The butterfly. I don't care how the game differentiates it from other similar pokemon. It's stupid. It's poor design that can only be saved by the Bug/Fairy typing it doesn't have. Thanks for wasting my time.

But florges learns grass moves so there is your coverage and if you dont care about competitive battling then you wont care about the STAB

also vivillon is epic :)

dont let things get to you so much

STAB isn't the only reason to worry about typing. Good job trying to patch up a competitive argument with a competitive argument. There's completeness, variety, and design support provided with certain dual typings.

Three lines straight of pure Fairy pokemon, when they ADDED a few pure fairies anyway. Awful, awful designing if you want to convince people to use any of them over the other or even as is. There's more to just using older fairies, and none are particularly amazing.

Vivillon may be worse than most alternatives because it evolves later. It's easily the most needless pokemon they created this gen with a 70 pokemon limit.

And this isn't things getting to me. This is the truth. Spritzee could have been Fairy/Poison and Florges Fairy/Grass and suddenly people have a world of options.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#22patkelly929Posted 10/7/2013 5:41:20 AM
R__Truth posted...
Pyroar's Normal typing isn't even that bad, STAB Return for a fighting weakness and Ghost Immunity is a good exchange.

You forgot that one. I've got your back.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#23KillerMechanoidPosted 10/7/2013 5:43:08 AM
Avalugg is a missed Ice/Steel opportunity. Should've had a wrecked ship on its back for Steel.
#24abcDSBTPosted 10/7/2013 6:13:31 AM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Avalugg is a missed Ice/Steel opportunity. Should've had a wrecked ship on its back for Steel.

That would've been pretty awesome.

Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball on some potential dual-types this gen. Dragalge gets to be Dragon/Poison, but Clawitzer doesn't get to be part Fire? And there is also the case of Goodra being pure Dragon...

And for introducing a new type, they didn't do a whole helluva lot with it. I mean, THREE pure-Fairy lines? Gen II did some decent stuff with Steel (Steel/Electric via retcon, Steel/Bug, Steel/Flying) and especially Dark! (Dark/Fire, Dark/Ice, Dark/Rock)
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#25hawkleberryfinPosted 10/7/2013 6:36:25 AM
Gogoat doesnt look like a pure Grass as its not a plant, I would put it Grass/Normal. I dont know why it bothers me, but it does!

There are some interesting typings I dont recall seeing before, like Trevenant/Gourgeist, Aegislash. Pyroar, Tyrantrum, Chesnaught. Also Talonflame, as I cant think of any previous non-legendary Fire/Flying.
#26Mariofan15Posted 10/7/2013 6:43:21 AM
You guys are a bunch of god damn whiners.Nothing ever satisfies you guys :/
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#27abcDSBTPosted 10/7/2013 7:19:29 AM
hawkleberryfin posted...
Gogoat doesnt look like a pure Grass as its not a plant, I would put it Grass/Normal. I dont know why it bothers me, but it does!

There are some interesting typings I dont recall seeing before, like Trevenant/Gourgeist, Aegislash. Pyroar, Tyrantrum, Chesnaught. Also Talonflame, as I cant think of any previous non-legendary Fire/Flying.

Breloom and Virizion are also Grass/Fighting.

Of course we got some great and unique type combinations this gen and I'm happy for that. It just seems that we could've gotten a couple more...
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#28a_lil_monsterPosted 10/7/2013 7:35:05 AM
hawkleberryfin posted...

Charizard?
---
Now Playing: GTA V, Halo 4, Pokemon Black 2
#29Sir WillPosted 10/7/2013 7:41:04 AM
scitch1 posted...
why the hell do people always want dual types

adding grass typing to flabebe evos does nothing but add UNnecessary weakness you do realize that pure fairy is pretty awesome typing

I dunno, I just like having a variety of types, having more than one STAB.

I like the /normals. Good for normal to get put on more things, or for normal types to get a second thing to back them up. Return is great and you get immunity to ghost, just weak to fighting.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'