This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My honest, understandable problem with the amount of pokemon.

#1BR0DE0Posted 10/6/2013 10:14:42 AM
I'm starting to accept the amount of pokemon that we have gotten. I really do like all of them, so don't call me a genwunner or ungracious for not accepting what we are getting, but I do think we should've gotten at least 30 more. Right now there are only really 35 different pokemon to use on your team if you have decided to only use new pokemon -- which many people, including myself have. If you don't count legendaries there are only 32 actually fully evolved pokemon to use. 4 of those are single stages, that most likely won't be that good. One could count sylveon as "not a real "new" pokemon" because it's tied to an old pokemon. 4 of them aren't available in the other version, so that means that in one game, there are only 23 new pokemon that could actually be used on a decently competitive, new pokemon, and non legendary team.
I really don't think that that is enough. I'm sorry. I'll still buy the game, I'll still love the game, and I'll still praise all of the other new features that the game has to offer, but having the main appeal of the game being the brand new region and pokemon and have that be quite lacking isn't good.
You can come up with theories like they'll add new pokemon to Z or maybe they'll just skip the sequel and remake and just have new generations every game that only have a few new pokemon, but is that really going to happen?
No. Gamefreak messed up the pokemon part.
Thanks for letting me rant. :b
Again, I'm still going to love the games, but only having 23 new pokemon to choose from on my team, my sisters team, my friends game, and my neighbors game is a problem if they all only want new pokemon. We're all going to have the same pokemon pretty much.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402
#2jedinatPosted 10/6/2013 10:16:44 AM
Yes, well, there's 450 pokes in the main game. I'm not using all new pokemon. Your sister isn't either. SO no worries there.
#3GallantChaddymnPosted 10/6/2013 10:17:49 AM
to be fair, u could argue that DPPT was worse.
More than a 3rd of the Pokes wer Evos/prevoes of older ones.
I can understand what u mean tho.
---
Pangoro and Noivern FTW
http://fav.me/d5r70a1
#4Jabroni2000Posted 10/6/2013 10:20:30 AM
It's a fair point but it's limited by your own "rule" that you aren't using any older Pokemon. Part of the draw for me is that we can catch 450 Pokes total, the most ever in a game. So there will be a large variety in that regard going back to old games. They're all updated with 3D models and a lot will likely have new moves that may have just been introduced. Some have Mega Evolutions.

I'm gonna bet that you haven't used EVERY Pokemon from past generations. Why not find a weird one that you never really gave a fair shot and try to incorporate him onto your team? Or pick a Mega Evolution that you like. Or pick an old favorite that you always liked.

I think there's good variety if you pick 4-5 from the new game with 1-2 old faves.
---
XBL: jmarFTL
#5ZLn13Posted 10/6/2013 10:20:56 AM
I'm still buying this game even though I only like a few pokemon from the 69/70. Not even half are that great but hey even in some of the older games it was kinda like this. Hopefully GF can step it up next time or just stop idk.
#6BR0DE0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:21:26 AM
jedinat posted...
Yes, well, there's 450 pokes in the main game. I'm not using all new pokemon. Your sister isn't either. SO no worries there.

ummm... she is though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402
#7DarknessLink7Posted 10/7/2013 6:11:09 AM
BR0DE0 posted...
jedinat posted...

ummm... she is though.

This made me laugh.
---
3DS FC: 5026-4968-1695, Name: Adam
Perfection is at hand! I have been made compleat.