This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you prefer it if.... *CHAMPION SPOILERS*

#1EmptyStar12Posted 10/6/2013 10:00:00 AM
The champion was a character who you really didn't have much/ any interaction with throughout the story?

Like, Gen 3 is probably the best example of this. You met Steven maybe once, same with Wallace in Emerald.

Compare that to gen 5. Alder was basically following you around all OVER THE PLACE. And same with Dianthia apparently.

So, which do you think worked better?
Someone who was a bit more of a surprise character who you weren't expecting? Or someone who is with you on your whole journey, like Blue, Adler, or Dianthia?
---
"Please, leave GameFAQs, you did not get a rose."
#2KaitoKazePosted 10/6/2013 10:03:52 AM
I want the champion to be Team Flare's leader
---
Honedge is the greatest addition to Pokemon ever
Pokemon White FC: 2194-3207-8738
#3c0micboyPosted 10/6/2013 10:04:19 AM
Blue Lance (lake of rage, team rocket, etc.), Cynthia, Alder, and Diantha basically stalk you. Steven you only meet once but you still meet him. Wallace was... Wallace
#4A Novel IdeaPosted 10/6/2013 10:04:36 AM
who didn't guess that steven was the champion? in fact the bigger reveal was that wallace was the champ in emerald
---
"I have not felt anything since the day megaupload died." - Fubonis
#5GolurkcanflyPosted 10/6/2013 10:05:32 AM
*Accidentally clicks on topic*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#6MetaunPosted 10/6/2013 10:06:28 AM
Blue was a good Rival because he was your 'friend' and rival. Stalking doesn't apply there much.

The others outside of Gen3? Follow follow follow.
I'd like it to be someone you meet once; but you don't even consider them the Champ. Like surprise; Bianca is Unova's Champ in Black 2.
---
The first thing a god masters is itself.
Legion is a Badass. So is Mordin.
#7dingo_of_jawaiiPosted 10/6/2013 10:06:59 AM
Honestly, I wish the Champion was a relative like your mother, father or even a grandparent, distant relative, etc.
---
PSN ID: HakubiXFire // http://psnprofiles.com/HakubiXFire
Currently Playing: FFXIV: Realm Reborn BETA, FFIX & Toro's Friend Network
#8Nightstar1994Posted 10/6/2013 10:07:34 AM
Steven was the best Champion.
---
Official Giratina
#9Issa_5Posted 10/6/2013 10:09:58 AM
I would like a Cynthia/Alder/Diantha style Champion at first, then when you rematch the Elite 4 the new Champion is randomly chosen between two or three applicants (the rival, the first champion and another recurring character) to show how they fight over the championship. Would also mix things up a little.