This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... does Gourgeist kill Pokemon with its signature move?

#1Iced_ShadowsPosted 10/6/2013 2:48:44 PM
I read that it learns Trick-Or-Treat, which changes the opposing Pokemon's typing to Ghost. Doesn't that mean it... kills them? D=
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#2JackSolomonPosted 10/6/2013 2:50:07 PM
No, no, no. It only rips out their still living soul, rendering their body a temporary corpse. So the trick is that you think your Pokemon is dead, the treat is that it's only KIND of dead.
#3Iced_Shadows(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:50:53 PM
JackSolomon posted...
No, no, no. It only rips out their still living soul, rendering their body a temporary corpse. So the trick is that you think your Pokemon is dead, the treat is that it's only KIND of dead.

...oh. That somehow doesn't help ease my worries!
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#4HejiruPosted 10/6/2013 2:51:20 PM
Source? Considering it gets STAB Ghost moves turning the opponent into a Ghost-type when it likely has no Ghost moves to use against Gourgeist, this seems OP as heck.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5MegaManPokeDudePosted 10/6/2013 2:51:22 PM
JackSolomon posted...

Please open it's mouth
#6Hirokey123Posted 10/6/2013 2:52:56 PM
It's guides them from the physical plane into the spiritual one, these planes overlap and things on the spiritual plane appear as ghosts in the physical plane. As such this is why they now count as ghost types. It can be returned to the physical plane by calling it back with your pokeball or fainting it.

I mean this obviously isn't the reason but I like to think it is.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#7JackSolomonPosted 10/6/2013 2:53:17 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...

You're dealing with Ghost Pokemon. Ghost Pokemon generally range between 'tragic' and 'nightmarish'. No 'good'. No 'nice'. 'Tragic' and 'nightmarish', and everything in between those two.

It could be worse.
#8Hirokey123Posted 10/6/2013 2:54:40 PM
Hejiru posted...
Source? Considering it gets STAB Ghost moves turning the opponent into a Ghost-type when it likely has no Ghost moves to use against Gourgeist, this seems OP as heck.

It's old news talked awhile back ago it's counterpart Treverant gets Forest Curse which does the same thing except it turns pokemon into grass types. It's not really going to be any more OP than soak or something and it's not like you can't switch out.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#9ShadowShirePosted 10/6/2013 2:55:31 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
I read that it learns Trick-Or-Treat, which changes the opposing Pokemon's typing to Ghost. Doesn't that mean it... kills them? D=

Actually , that move sounds usefull. I mean, think about it. If you use that on a partner pokemon in doubles, you could trade weaknesses. Example, Pyroar gets hit with the move and gets immuned to fighting and normal, but is now weak to ghost and dark with loss of fire/normal STAB for ghost STAB.
#10LabyrinthMindPosted 10/6/2013 2:57:54 PM(edited)
JackSolomon posted...
Iced_Shadows posted...

You're dealing with Ghost Pokemon. Ghost Pokemon generally range between 'tragic' and 'nightmarish'. No 'good'. No 'nice'. 'Tragic' and 'nightmarish', and everything in between those two.

It could be worse.

You forgot trickster - some are more mischievous and annoying than outright harmful.

But yes, most are the things that go bump in the night.

And then there's Golurk, who's a good guy.