This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

From a fighting standpoint: Charizard X or Charizard Y?

#1Bleachfreak7Posted 10/6/2013 4:42:54 PM
I was planning on picking up Y because I prefer Yveltal. Then I changed my mind to X because I wanted Charizard X and figured I would just trade for Yveltal. But I'm not sure which to go for. I think Charizard X looks a lot cooler... but how do you think he'll compare from a fighting standpoint?

Charizard X has an increased attack stat.
Charizard Y has a significantly increased Sp. Attack stat.

But I've also heard that more stats are increased on mega evolutions than serebii shows. Do you think Charizard Y will be better in battle than X? Or would it be smarter to go with Charizard X because I prefer the way he looks and then just trade for Yveltal?
---
"Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end."
3DS: 3437-3085-0365
#2Callista08Posted 10/6/2013 4:47:11 PM
Just get Y it'll be a lot easier for someone to trade the mega stone for charizard to you seeing as they can buy them in game as opposed to a one time.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#3AwesomeMarioPosted 10/6/2013 4:47:16 PM
I think Charizard Y is better competitively but you could just find someone online with the opposite version and if you trust him/her enough, both reset to have one of each stone.
---
Friend Codes,NN and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 17
#4The_Evil_ElfPosted 10/6/2013 4:47:20 PM
Its a tough question due to the weather nerf...before the weather nerf it was clearly Charizard Y to me...

But now, stealth rock has been nerfed too, so Y has lost one of its major downsides...

I think at this point, it completely depends on your team, but the real answer is that neither one will probably be the mega you choose (unless all the best megas go uber and this one doesn't)
---
Blizzard crits you for $15
Your login is resisted by Blizzard-Slash585
#5Figuresk8erPosted 10/6/2013 4:50:07 PM
I think Charizard Y looks cooler (without colouring) so if it was shiny (therefore being black) and stayed shiny through mega evolution it would be the best. Also it is thinner and looks like it would be faster/swifter. Charizard X looks cool only because of the colouring, the flames coming out of its mouth, and its Dragon typing... Other than that X just looks chunky (from official art) and looks to be quite slow. I would go with Y and try and get someone to trade a Charizardite X with you so that you can have both X and Y Charizards (that's what I'm going to do).

Hope I helped :)
---
3DS FC: 3368-1510-4329 Andrew from New Leaf / Andrea from Old Leaf
#6Bleachfreak7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:06:25 PM
Alright. I'll probably go with Y then trade for Charizardite X. I thought that Charizardite was the same for both games and it would turn into either X or Y depending on which game it was. I didn't know both charizards had different Charizardite. That helps a lot! Thanks you guys!
---
"Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end."
3DS: 3437-3085-0365