This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow...aren't Venusaur and Blastoise going to get a second Mega form?

#11poikesPosted 10/6/2013 5:08:31 PM
DasDavid posted...
There's a favorite every gen sadly =/ I'm more accepting of Charizard being treated specially just because he's Red's starter in all things as far as I know, so I get it I guess.

But I don't see what makes Blaziken particularly special... here's hoping that the other Gen 3 starters are eventually distributed via events.

In Pokemon Adventures Red uses Venasaur. Excuse me, I have to go shave my neck.
---
Like somehow he finds out Doc is Peter and that Peter is dead and he's all like "Aww hell nah. Nobody kills the webhead but me"- homiesunite
#12wind64aPosted 10/6/2013 5:16:30 PM
kaonohiokala posted...
wind64a posted...
Venusaur pretty much outclasses Charizard competitively anyway, so the two forms might be 'zard's way of catching up. No clue on Blastoise though.

"outclass" is a strange word to use when comparing a venusaur to a charizard

Both have DW abilities that are affected strongly by Sun. Venusaur has a more effective boosting move(Growth), higher speed(only in Sun though), more bulk, has more utility, and can go mixed far more comfortably.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#13cfeuer1Posted 10/7/2013 1:41:57 PM
i agree it would be fair for venasaur and blastoise to also get different mega forms. but just them. as it stands its only gen 1 pokemon who have the two forms of mega. dont really need them to go overboard just yet
#14Kromlech06Posted 10/7/2013 1:43:22 PM
Confirming a negative is impossible without knowing the complete game data and everything GF has planned.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#15SirPikachuPosted 10/7/2013 1:44:41 PM
wind64a posted...
kaonohiokala posted...
wind64a posted...
Venusaur pretty much outclasses Charizard competitively anyway, so the two forms might be 'zard's way of catching up. No clue on Blastoise though.

"outclass" is a strange word to use when comparing a venusaur to a charizard

Both have DW abilities that are affected strongly by Sun. Venusaur has a more effective boosting move(Growth), higher speed(only in Sun though), more bulk, has more utility, and can go mixed far more comfortably.

This, plus, now with it's mega, it can decimate Charizard, especially in sun, which mega zard Y just happens to bring out XD.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#16LotrMorgothPosted 10/7/2013 1:45:51 PM
i was hoping he'd get a water/steel upgrade, but alas. anyone know what exact moves mega launcher buffs yet?
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#17paiprPosted 10/7/2013 1:45:58 PM
I'm actually expecting to them get Z mega stones.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071