This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Squirtle, totodile, oshawott

#11JackSolomonPosted 10/6/2013 5:17:05 PM
FireSeer posted...
i just see greninja as the cool, fast, powerful starter that Ash typically gets, and it fits right in with the sort of personality of infernape and charizard. Look at grass, he evolved 3 of those starters so it's about damn time the water starters get some evolving love.

Ash DOES tend to favor and do well with fast Pokemon, as opposed to tanks. And of the three, Froakie falls into that class the best, so it makes sense he makes it to Greninja.
#12FireSeer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:17:37 PM
Ash will get Chespin. He hasn't missed a grass starter yet.
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.
#13GoudeyyPosted 10/6/2013 5:22:01 PM
squirtle didn't evolve, totdile didn't evolve, corphish didn't evolve, buizel didn't evolve, and oshawott didn't evolve. following this theme, i'm gonna go ahead and say if he gets a froakie it won't evolve
#14SlimeStackPosted 10/6/2013 5:23:58 PM
Goudeyy posted...
squirtle didn't evolve, totdile didn't evolve, corphish didn't evolve, buizel didn't evolve, and oshawott didn't evolve. following this theme, i'm gonna go ahead and say if he gets a froakie it won't evolve

You can't ignore marketability though. For the first time Ash has a water type starter that can be marketed on coolness rather than cuteness, which gets better as it evolves. If Ash gets Chespin he'll steal all the cuteness from Froakie anyway.
---
Blah.
#15FireSeer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:24:05 PM
Goudeyy posted...

Kingler
---
Here comes Frogadier
And you are not swayed either way--more of a neutral presence.