This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm beating a dead horse by telling you to stop beating a dead horse

#11MagneChicoPosted 10/6/2013 6:05:24 PM
Sick of this life , not that you'd care...
I'm not the only one with who these feelings I share.
---
No te me acerques o te echo a mi magnezone, ese.
3DS FC: 0232 8398 5797
#12Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 6:06:50 PM
rocketgeno posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SMH

Quality does not only apply to the Pokemon. It applies to the visuals, region, and new mechanics too.

This. Seriously people are like brainwashed into thinking the other mechanics have not been improved. Wake up call.

No one knows yet.

I would accept that arguement in 2 weeks, but not now

What do you mean nobody knows yet?

We have an improved 3D world which is already confirmed. We already have confirmation of Fairy type, we alraedy have confirmation of a bunch of the other improvements.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#13rocketgeno(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 6:08:36 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
rocketgeno posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SMH

Quality does not only apply to the Pokemon. It applies to the visuals, region, and new mechanics too.

This. Seriously people are like brainwashed into thinking the other mechanics have not been improved. Wake up call.

No one knows yet.

I would accept that arguement in 2 weeks, but not now

What do you mean nobody knows yet?

We have an improved 3D world which is already confirmed. We already have confirmation of Fairy type, we alraedy have confirmation of a bunch of the other improvements.

I meant now one here knows the full feel, but I see your point.
Good arguement sir.
---
Jace, the Mind Sculptor should be in the next ssb game, people who agree: 0
Skyward_Sneasel's official bro
#14Kromlech06Posted 10/6/2013 6:13:36 PM
My rapidash! ;_;
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#15yoshirpgPosted 10/6/2013 6:14:39 PM
Aysander posted...
rocketgeno posted...
Second_Chances posted...
My only issue is how unbalanced the typings are for new Pokemon. Very few of some types while an insane amount of others.

THIS ALL DAY

Oh thanks gf ill take 2 ground types

You forgot 2 fire types, 2 ice types, and like 2 psychic types compared to 12~15 water types :/

1 dragon type introduced in gen 2 (that wasn't even pure) and no one complained.
---
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07
#16Strain42Posted 10/6/2013 6:20:07 PM(edited)
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SMH

No one's denying that, just try to realize that some people really don't care.

I'm personally not at all excited for the following features (just off the top of my head)

Mega evolutions, sitting on benches, moving diagonally, Pokemon Amie, dual type moves, and riding Pokemon

Full 3D and Fairy type are kinda cool, Yay.

But like most of that other stuff, I personally would happily trade that away if it meant we were getting an extra 20 or 30 Pokemon to help include more options for certain types and introduce us to a potential new favorite. I mean right now there's 1 bug line, 5 Dragons, 7 Fairies (which I understand 'cause it's a new type, they wanted to get it out there, but still. 7 outta 35? That's 20% right now. Gen 2 introduced 100 Pokemon, two new types, and combined those two only totaled 10 outta 100, that's only 10%)

You can't tell people what they should be excited for. For some of us, the new Pokemon really are about 90% of the fun and appeal of a new Gen.

Yes, I realize that quality over quantity does not have to apply specifically just to the new Pokemon, but often in the context I'm seeing it used, that's exactly what people are referring to.

I'm all for the forward progression of the series with interesting and engaging new mechanics and graphics, but not at the cost of the Pokemon themselves.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#17Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 6:18:15 PM
Strain42 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SMH

I'm personally not at all excited for the following features (just off the top of my head)

Mega evolutions, sitting on benches, moving diagonally, Pokemon Amie, dual type moves, and riding Pokemon

But like most of that other stuff, I personally would happily trade that away if it meant we were getting an extra 20 or 30 Pokemon to help include more options for certain types and introduce us to a potential new favorite. I mean right now there's 1 bug line, 5 Dragons, 7 Fairies (which I understand 'cause it's a new type, they wanted to get it out there, but still. 7 outta 35? That's 20% right now)

You can't tell people what they should be excited for. For some of us, the new Pokemon really are about 90% of the fun and appeal of a new Gen.

Yes, I realize that quality over quantity does not have to apply specifically just to the new Pokemon, but often in the context I'm seeing it used, that's exactly what people are referring to.

I'm all for the forward progression of the series with interesting and engaging new mechanics and graphics, but not at the cost of the Pokemon themselves.

I'm not saying you should be excited. I am however saying we should be glad improvements are made.

just imagine if we were still playing on BW screens from the Game Boy powered by AA batteries without recharging?

You see how much that would suck ****? You should.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#18Bogmire216Posted 10/6/2013 6:18:42 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67423242

I explain the quality over quantity thing in full detail here!

Everyone should be grateful Gamefreak even made a gen VI in the first place! Some people are so entitled thinking that Gamefreak is REQUIRED to introduce new Pokémon each gen. Newsflash, they AREN'T. They do it because they love the fans. Be THANKFUL.
---
Friend code: 0903-3254-6934
#19GolurkcanflyPosted 10/6/2013 6:20:55 PM
Strain42 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
SMH

But like most of that other stuff, I personally would happily trade that away if it meant we were getting an extra 20 or 30 Pokemon to help include more options for certain types and introduce us to a potential new favorite. I mean right now there's 1 bug line, 5 Dragons, 7 Fairies (which I understand 'cause it's a new type, they wanted to get it out there, but still. 7 outta 35? That's 20% right now)

However, wouldn't being able to appreciate the new and old Pokemon to a fuller extent be better than keeping the same feeling with just more Pokemon? Also, there are many people who are complaining about the lack of Pokemon who would complain if Game Freak had made more but not made the 3D battles and environments among other new features. Also, I'm not saying it's wrong to be disappointed. I am saying that people shouldn't actively bash or hate Game Freak for doing what the fans wanted them to do.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#20Strain42Posted 10/6/2013 6:32:27 PM
Okay, I would like to make a correction to something I said earlier. I said 7 out of 35 Fairies makes 20% while the total number of Dark and Steel types came to 10 out of 100, making only 10%

But of course those are based on two different systems. One counting families, the other counting the entire dex. So I'd like to rectify this.

Okay so Gen 2 Dark and Steel types came to

10 out of 100 total Pokemon = 10%

but 6 out of 54 Families...which...I'm not sure what the percentage on that is. It is however a little more than 10%

Fairy came to 7 out of 35 Families = 20%

And out of the total number of Pokemon they come to 12 out of 69...still not sure what that is percentage wise, but I don't think it's quite 20 because 14 out of 70 would be 20% Still, it's close.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020