This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game will you play now that IVs have ruined pokemon for 4 generations?

#1spincyclemattPosted 10/6/2013 5:22:34 PM
I'm thinking Zelda and Mario mostly for awhile. Gonna pick up bayonetta 2 when it drops
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 10/6/2013 5:23:07 PM
I'll probably play something like X and Y.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3jEr3mYPosted 10/6/2013 5:24:52 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

I agree with this post.. I heard there's games called Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I will check them out this weekend. I think they'll be heaps of fun
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#4random_man9119Posted 10/6/2013 5:26:52 PM
jEr3mY posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

I agree with this post.. I heard there's games called Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I will check them out this weekend. I think they'll be heaps of fun

Oh sweet Pokemon X and Y are coming out? I guess I'll be playing those!
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#5LightningAce11Posted 10/6/2013 5:28:00 PM
How did IVs ruin Pokemon? You just suck at getting good ones. This is the argument by all people who can't get good IVs and give up.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#6spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:36:21 PM
No, I can get good ones. I refuse to put in the BORING MIND NUMBING AMOUNT OF time to do so.

If you get rid of IVs you discourage hacking, get rid of mind-numbing breeding, you make it so everyone's Pokemon is on a level playing field, and you still keep pokemon diversity through natures and EVs in the game. It also discourages people from caring about their Pokemon as they will ALWAYS be inferior to higher IV pokemon and battling is the most important aspect of the game by far.
#7Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/6/2013 5:37:23 PM
i dont play competitively so i dont give a rats ass about ivs
#8mehmetskiPosted 10/6/2013 5:38:31 PM
spincyclematt posted...
No, I can get good ones. I refuse to put in the BORING MIND NUMBING AMOUNT OF time to do so.

If you get rid of IVs you discourage hacking, get rid of mind-numbing breeding, you make it so everyone's Pokemon is on a level playing field, and you still keep pokemon diversity through natures and EVs in the game. It also discourages people from caring about their Pokemon as they will ALWAYS be inferior to higher IV pokemon and battling is the most important aspect of the game by far.

BW2 say hello, they offer you free pokemon with 30 overall IV from various egg groups. they are called N's pokemon and you even get one as a gift. if you then get the power bracelets and such, its really easy to breed at least 2 useful IVs on a pokemon at the first try.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#9spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 5:43:05 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...

Good for you. Here's the thing, if you don't play competitively THIS DOESN'T AFFECT YOU, and in fact it still makes things better for you, as you can battle with your friends on an even tier, and IF you ever change your mind. you can do so with far less hassle.
#10Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/6/2013 5:44:23 PM
spincyclematt posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...

Good for you. Here's the thing, if you don't play competitively THIS DOESN'T AFFECT YOU, and in fact it still makes things better for you, as you can battle with your friends on an even tier, and IF you ever change your mind. you can do so with far less hassle.

if i did battle competitively, i would "make" my pokemon. my time is split up enough as it is.