This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't mind there being 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't mind there being 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop...

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
3 years ago#1
I don't mind there being only 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop citing the number of evos/prevos of older Pokemon in generations 2 and 4, and then comparing them to Mega evolutions in their arguments?

I liked Scyther and Sneasel when they were first introduced and was happy to see them get buffs in the form of evolutions in later generations. Most gen 2 and 4 evolutions weren't that gimmicky, and could easily go on the same team at the same time, and were viable with any choice of item, leading to a variety of interesting strategies being made.

I'm happy to see the Kanto Starters, Absol, Mawile, and others get a second chance at the big time, but beyond requiring Game Freak make a new model and set of stats, they're very gimmicky, and aren't really comparable to actual evolutions.

Again, I'm fine with 70 Pokemon. I figured that Game Freak would start running out of steam eventually, and am happy they show signs of at least TRYING to bring some balance to the multiplayer. (Personally, I would have gladly accepted zero new Pokemon if they actually re-balanced stats, typing, ability, etc. of all Pokemon they already had, but that's neither here nor there.) I just don't think this particular argument, that "Megas make up for the lack of evolutions of old Pokemon" holds water.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
3 years ago#2
The only thing I can't stand is when people say we're (the ones who are disappointed in there only being 70) are being irrational and childish, and that there's already 700. No, there aren't. I play a new game for the new pokemon. The old pokemon are a nice aside, but they don't replace the thrill of finding new ones. It doesn't work like that.

Like this for example, really pisses me off:

Aejaduka posted...
No because the people that care about the small amount of pokemon are just a bunch of 13 year old kids that feel 700+ pokemon isn't enough to make a team of 6 pokemon.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't mind there being 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived