This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't mind there being 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop...

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 10/6/2013 6:38:26 PM
I don't mind there being only 70 new Pokemon, but could the defenders please stop citing the number of evos/prevos of older Pokemon in generations 2 and 4, and then comparing them to Mega evolutions in their arguments?

I liked Scyther and Sneasel when they were first introduced and was happy to see them get buffs in the form of evolutions in later generations. Most gen 2 and 4 evolutions weren't that gimmicky, and could easily go on the same team at the same time, and were viable with any choice of item, leading to a variety of interesting strategies being made.

I'm happy to see the Kanto Starters, Absol, Mawile, and others get a second chance at the big time, but beyond requiring Game Freak make a new model and set of stats, they're very gimmicky, and aren't really comparable to actual evolutions.

Again, I'm fine with 70 Pokemon. I figured that Game Freak would start running out of steam eventually, and am happy they show signs of at least TRYING to bring some balance to the multiplayer. (Personally, I would have gladly accepted zero new Pokemon if they actually re-balanced stats, typing, ability, etc. of all Pokemon they already had, but that's neither here nor there.) I just don't think this particular argument, that "Megas make up for the lack of evolutions of old Pokemon" holds water.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 10/6/2013 6:40:51 PM
The only thing I can't stand is when people say we're (the ones who are disappointed in there only being 70) are being irrational and childish, and that there's already 700. No, there aren't. I play a new game for the new pokemon. The old pokemon are a nice aside, but they don't replace the thrill of finding new ones. It doesn't work like that.

Like this for example, really pisses me off:

Aejaduka posted...
No because the people that care about the small amount of pokemon are just a bunch of 13 year old kids that feel 700+ pokemon isn't enough to make a team of 6 pokemon.

---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.