This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't see how fairy counter dragons

#11Ari917Posted 10/6/2013 7:03:37 PM(edited)
SPDShadowRanger posted...
Ari917 posted...
I have to agree, right now, the only ones that really stand out on paper (we may see more as we finally play the games) are (Mega)Gardevoir, Sylveon, Azumarill, and the recently revealed Togekiss. The rest don't really stand out at this point.

Of course, we can be wrong and once we crack the game we'll see all their tricks, but for now they're unimpressive.

When was Togekiss confirmed?

Kanpachi on SA (the same leaker we've been following) recently confirmed that Togepi is pure Fairy.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#12Xeo352Posted 10/6/2013 7:02:19 PM
Fairies are mythical creatures... Some of the real fairies in folklore could be likened more to an alien than to tinkerbell... They weren't exactly cute creatures. Dragon needed a nerf and it made sense that another creature of myth would be there to bring it about.
#13JoshmanFangPosted 10/6/2013 7:05:52 PM
In olden myths, fairies were bad a** dragon slayers
---
---America= Money 1st, Morals 2nd.
I might not agree with you or what you do, but I don't discriminate.
#14WiiareVenomPosted 10/6/2013 7:05:54 PM
Xeo352 posted...
Fairies are mythical creatures... Some of the real fairies in folklore could be likened more to an alien than to tinkerbell... They weren't exactly cute creatures. Dragon needed a nerf and it made sense that another creature of myth would be there to bring it about.

I think tc meant more to the fact that most of the confirmed Fairy types don't quite have the stats to bring the Dragons down very well.
---
Official Zygarde of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt.
#15TorchicBlazikenPosted 10/6/2013 7:07:08 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
poikes posted...
Fairies are immune to dragon type moves.

Ghost is immune to Fighting yet Fighting is still the most OP type in the game.

Exactly, and Ghost-types counter Fighting-types. Just because they have counters doesn't mean they're not OP.
#16JarickoPosted 10/6/2013 7:08:38 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
poikes posted...
Fairies are immune to dragon type moves.

Ghost is immune to Fighting yet Fighting is still the most OP type in the game.

No its not O.o
Fighting cannot abuse the rain. Therefore that statement is invalid.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#17bratzboyPosted 10/6/2013 7:08:45 PM
Their hearts burn from the sheer cuteness (even mimey and granbull's cuteness)