This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did they reveal so many new pokemon officially?

#1mehmetskiPosted 10/6/2013 8:53:57 PM
Seeing that they made such a HUGE hype and that there are presumably only 70 new pokemon, wouldnt it have been wiser to reveal...lets say half the number that was actually revealed? iwht 39 officially revealed pokemon and only 30 unrevealed...thats really disappointing :(
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#2Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/6/2013 8:55:15 PM
they didnt want us to think something was up
#3TutelarSwordPosted 10/6/2013 8:55:27 PM
They wanted to make us think we were going to get a lot of new Pokemon so we would get excited and buy the game.
---
Proud to like ALL of the new starter evolutions, and plans on using all three on my in game team.
#4GooperBlooperPosted 10/6/2013 8:55:41 PM
TutelarSword posted...
They wanted to make us think we were going to get a lot of new Pokemon so we would get excited and buy the game.

---
The Blooper has spoken.
#5mehmetski(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 8:56:27 PM
TutelarSword posted...

probably this :( i mean, johto only had 100...but 70 is really not much. at least some evos for old pokemon to make it to 100 would have been nice, like in sinnoh.
---
#6TruePowerSeekerPosted 10/6/2013 8:59:57 PM
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...

probably this :( i mean, johto only had 100...but 70 is really not much. at least some evos for old pokemon to make it to 100 would have been nice, like in sinnoh.

We do have evos for old pokemon. It is called Mega EVOLUTION

Game Freak is classifying it as a type of evolution it just doesn't pad the dex and it isn't permanent. In gen 4 we had between 70-80 actual new pokemon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZsZReahfg
Mewtwo has got his throne back! BST 780! Take that Arceus!
#7mehmetski(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 9:01:25 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...

Game Freak is classifying it as a type of evolution it just doesn't pad the dex and it isn't permanent. In gen 4 we had between 70-80 actual new pokemon.

no mega evolutions are no stand-alone pokemon. they are just alternate formes. they also are only for in-battle. so they dont count (in my honest opinion) as new pokemon. new designs? yes. but not new pokemon. they cant be encountered in the wild and caught and so on...
---
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 9:02:30 PM
mehmetski posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...

no mega evolutions are no stand-alone pokemon. they are just alternate formes. they also are only for in-battle. so they dont count (in my honest opinion) as new pokemon. new designs? yes. but not new pokemon. they cant be encountered in the wild and caught and so on...

They are a seperate design, so they do indeed count.

Regardless if you like it or not. The designs were made the same as every other Pokemon, discussed by a design team, and then implemented.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9mehmetski(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 9:04:00 PM
just like i said: i count them as new designs, but they are in fact no new pokemon. they dont even have new names.
---
#10jimmyzeke13Posted 10/6/2013 9:06:29 PM
No wonder they were so harsh on the leakers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llmkrldAkh1qdqxczo1_400.gif