This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did they reveal so many new pokemon officially?

#11Lord_Ka1nPosted 10/6/2013 10:08:20 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
mehmetski posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...
They wanted to make us think we were going to get a lot of new Pokemon so we would get excited and buy the game.

probably this :( i mean, johto only had 100...but 70 is really not much. at least some evos for old pokemon to make it to 100 would have been nice, like in sinnoh.

We do have evos for old pokemon. It is called Mega EVOLUTION

Game Freak is classifying it as a type of evolution it just doesn't pad the dex and it isn't permanent. In gen 4 we had between 70-80 actual new pokemon.

no mega evolutions are no stand-alone pokemon. they are just alternate formes. they also are only for in-battle. so they dont count (in my honest opinion) as new pokemon. new designs? yes. but not new pokemon. they cant be encountered in the wild and caught and so on...

They are a seperate design, so they do indeed count.

Regardless if you like it or not. The designs were made the same as every other Pokemon, discussed by a design team, and then implemented.

mega charizard is less a new pokemon than unown ! and ? were
#12360pagesPosted 10/6/2013 10:08:26 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
mehmetski posted...
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...
They wanted to make us think we were going to get a lot of new Pokemon so we would get excited and buy the game.

probably this :( i mean, johto only had 100...but 70 is really not much. at least some evos for old pokemon to make it to 100 would have been nice, like in sinnoh.

Game Freak is classifying it as a type of evolution it just doesn't pad the dex and it isn't permanent. In gen 4 we had between 70-80 actual new pokemon.

no mega evolutions are no stand-alone pokemon. they are just alternate formes. they also are only for in-battle. so they dont count (in my honest opinion) as new pokemon. new designs? yes. but not new pokemon. they cant be encountered in the wild and caught and so on...

They are a seperate design, so they do indeed count.

Regardless if you like it or not. The designs were made the same as every other Pokemon, discussed by a design team, and then implemented.

They really don't though, maybe if you can do everything you can do with normal pokemon with Mega evolutions maybe, but you can't have more than one on your team even in ingame battles. You can't use them in poke Amia, they can't hold items, you can't look at them from your status screen you can't do super training with the new mega form.

There is a lot you can't do with them at all, so they may be new designs, but they are barely pokemon. I don't hate them, but saying they make up for the lack of actual new pokemon isn't fair, considering Giratina origin form can actually do more than any mega pokemon out of battle and it's just counted as another form.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#13TruePowerSeekerPosted 10/6/2013 10:08:27 PM
jimmyzeke13 posted...
No wonder they were so harsh on the leakers.

That and leakers are a pain for any company.

Especially the PR department whose job it is to give the right information at the right time to make the game look as good as possible.

Even the greatest game would be harsh on leakers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZsZReahfg
Mewtwo has got his throne back! BST 780! Take that Arceus!
#14S1-Winged_AngelPosted 10/6/2013 10:10:34 PM
mehmetski posted...
TutelarSword posted...

No, we had 107 new Pokemon because they were actual Pokemon, not forms only activated through battle.

How hard is it to understand that MegaEvos are not real evolution? How the hell does one "pad the dex"?
#15Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 10:10:57 PM
Unknown line was supposed to have not only alphabets but extra forms as well. So that's not the same thing at all.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 10:12:29 PM
@360 pages

I'm not saying they make up for lack of Pokemon. They do count as new designs, regardless, and are part of it. Nintendo practically implied it as a "new Pokemon" by their standards.

That's just how it is. Again though, they had to work on this design for a little bit of itme, unlike that silly Unknown comparison which would be done in minutes.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#17simpson7Posted 10/6/2013 10:16:35 PM
Ehh, we have so many Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and not go over 100 from now on for each generation. We still have tons and tons of variety. It's fine. The game has a lot to work from.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8823-1482
<('.')>
#18360pagesPosted 10/6/2013 10:17:22 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
@360 pages

I'm not saying they make up for lack of Pokemon. They do count as new designs, regardless, and are part of it. Nintendo practically implied it as a "new Pokemon" by their standards.

That's just how it is. Again though, they had to work on this design for a little bit of itme, unlike that silly Unknown comparison which would be done in minutes.

Well of course they are new designs, then again it probably just shows how short sighted the whole idea of mega evolutions are.

I like how most of them look, too bad I probably won't be seeing a lot of them simply due to the fact that they aren't full pokemon and as such cannot do certain things, after all not everyone loves battles (Crazy I know) What happens if they want to do a side event with their pokemon in their mega forms and they can't?

They could have simply made some regular evolutions and the stronger ones form changes, that way they could at least be viewed in the PC without having to go into battle just to check stats.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#19mehmetski(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:19:23 PM
for me, the biggest joy is to go into the game knowing there are tons of pokemon i dont know yet and that will surprise me when i see them. and i am, by far, not the only one. sure, i could have avoided even the official revelations. but lets be honest, who in the world would have been able to do so? its psychologically impossible. its already very hard to avoid these leaks and i accidentally saw most of them for splitseconds -.- im just sad to know that there wont be any pokemon in the game that i havent seen or at least heard about yet. damned leaks -.-
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#20Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/6/2013 10:20:02 PM
360pages posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
@360 pages

Well of course they are new designs, then again it probably just shows how short sighted the whole idea of mega evolutions are.

I like how most of them look, too bad I probably won't be seeing a lot of them simply due to the fact that they aren't full pokemon and as such cannot do certain things, after all not everyone loves battles (Crazy I know) What happens if they want to do a side event with their pokemon in their mega forms and they can't?

They could have simply made some regular evolutions and the stronger ones form changes, that way they could at least be viewed in the PC without having to go into battle just to check stats.

Certain Pokemon were never going to get evolutions, or never had any plans for evolutions. Third stage lines for example. So giving the fans a more powerful version of Gyarados for example was the easiest method.

It doesn't make it any less **** for people like myself who are Absol fans who wanted an Evo to make him better + have items, but it's still there.

I do think Mega Evos will get some availability outside of battles, such as just having the item on for maybe photo events like in previous games or like the movies. (I'm sure it could happen) but hat remains to be seen.
---