This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: Pokebank Cloud Service Crashed!!!!

#41CapeMikePosted 10/7/2013 7:59:21 AM
I'll only be using it here to transfer everything from White 2(which includes everything transferred to IT from all my previous titles), then I'll just ignore it...it's otherwise utterly useless to me....
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955 // 3DS Friend Code: 4554-0638-6363 // AC:NL Dream Address: 4200-2340-8782
#42OhHeyltsYouPosted 10/7/2013 8:02:45 AM
Assuming the game already has enough PC slots, I don't see a reason to buy it after the 30 day trial. That's plenty of time for me to transfer over my Pokemon and not have to store them on the Cloud and worry about it crashing. But yeah, I was concerned about this as well after what happened to my character on GTA:O's Cloud. I don't think it will be a problem though. As long as I transfer over my Pokemon right away.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#43Skull_proPosted 10/7/2013 8:09:42 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Man you people are paranoid. This has such a small chance of happening it's not even worth worrying about.

This. Your pokemon are likely going to be 100000 safer on the cloud than they are on your game thanks to backup.
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#44Ac3777Posted 10/7/2013 8:15:33 AM
The Pokebank will get a bailout in fear of a global pokecession. Basically, Game Freak has a reserve of every pokemon in fear of this actually happening.
---
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
~Face the wrath of killer lolis!
#45Silent_Snake666Posted 10/7/2013 9:44:27 AM
I honeslty don't know why people wont heed the warnings of those who have experienced this apparently 'safe' cloud storage system that is also in GTA online.

Seriously, just take two mins to go look at the PS3 board. More than half of the topics on the first 5 pages are about lost characters and deleted data.

If you think your Pokemon are safe in the could you're a fool until it has been proven safe AFTER release. There is literally no way to tell if it's goin to work right away. Rock* stated there would be difficulties launching GTA Online but one thing they never thiught of would be the cloud servers failing and deleting hours and hours of data and save characters.

Someone mentioned "this would never happen, GF know how much we love our Pokemom and would have measures in place" ... Seriously, do you think Rock* never put measures in place to stop this? Of course they did... But guess what? They failed.

All I know is I ain't touching Poke'bank until it's proven safe buy users at least a month after release.
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#46ElemayowePosted 10/7/2013 9:48:05 AM
I'd cancel my Xbone preorder cuz cloud tech sucks!!!
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#47ShotgunryuganPosted 10/7/2013 9:51:43 AM
I'm only using it to transfer my pokemon, I have no interest whatsoever on actually storing anything.
---
Still waiting for a new Sailor Moon, F-Zero or Star Fox game >.>
#48Silent_Snake666Posted 10/7/2013 9:54:09 AM
Shotgunryugan posted...
I'm only using it to transfer my pokemon, I have no interest whatsoever on actually storing anything.

Like I mentioned in my post, check the GTA boards... At the rate the cloud is deleting characters on GTA online you wont have chance to do that either
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#49LucasClausPosted 10/7/2013 9:55:39 AM
"Good thing I made backups on my computer months ago."
---
i thought they were nameless orphans who climbed ice hoping to find a new guardian. - Zembaphobia on the Ice Climbers.
#50VeiledGenesisPosted 10/7/2013 9:57:27 AM
There is virtually nothing that can't be regained using an Action Replay.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.