This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else having huge problems with putting together a Kalos team?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else having huge problems with putting together a Kalos team?

User Info: Wolfie_Claws

Wolfie_Claws
3 years ago#1
With each new generation, i always put together a team of pokemon from that gen only. I've never had problems with this, even in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 i managed to put together 4 different teams Unova only without having 2 pokemon of the same types in my team, however, i'm having difficulties setting up a team in Pokemon X. I've only decided on 3 pokemon

Greninja (Water/Dark)
Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Tyrantrum (Dragon/Rock)

I originally wanted Helioptile in my team, but i changed my mind when i saw Heliolisk's design. And theres literally no other Electric types to choose from except that Pikaclone that most likely has horrible stats.
Then i wanted a grass type, and i got happy when i saw how many there were to choose from, but no one them had a spot in my team. I don't really like Gourgeist design that much. It looks OK, but it doesn't look like it fits into my team. Trevenants looks really messy, but he somewhats fits into my team. I would have chosen Florges, havent been for the fact THAT ITS NOT PART GRASS TYPE. It looks like a grass type, but it isn't. My OCD probably won't let me have this on my team if i already have a grass type, even if it isn't a grass type.
For the last spot, i almost literally have nothing left to choose from. Lets say i fill spot 4 and 5 with:
Trevenants (Grass/Ghost)
Heliolisk (Elec/Normal)
What other Pokemon can i choose now?
I'm looking at the full pokemon list right now, and the only pokemon i could choose now without repeating a type in my team would be:
Florges
Meowstic
Slurpuff
Avalugg
Xerneas.

I've already said why i wont choose Florges, and Xerneas is legendary, soo
Meowstic, Slurpuff or Avalugg...
Meowstic is too small to fit in my team, Slurpuff is too small and i don't like its design, and my OCD won't let me have a water type and a pure Ice type in my team together. Well fudge

#OCD #Blogfaqs
Blue is Greener than Purple
FC: 3823-9377-5845

User Info: ZeroxKnux

ZeroxKnux
3 years ago#2
Why not choose an older pokemon and use its mega evolution on your team?

Wolfie_Claws
3 years ago#3
My inner and evil OCD still counts that as using an old pokemon

User Info: AscendingLeo

AscendingLeo
3 years ago#4
Use venusaur

User Info: AscendingLeo

AscendingLeo
3 years ago#5
Wolfie_Claws posted...
My inner and evil OCD still counts that as using an old pokemon

Ah nvm :/. Just use it anyway! Poison is really good to have this gen too

Wolfie_Claws
3 years ago#6
AscendingLeo posted...
Use venusaur

Did you even pay attention to the first paragraph of my post?

User Info: H-L-W

H-L-W
3 years ago#7
Yea, have a mega evolution on your team. It'll be a waste not using any, especially when only old Pokemon get them. You'll be missing out :(

The only problem I have with my team is the abundance of awesome dragon types and fairy types introduced this gen making it hard to not double up on types.
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
Pokemon Black Version 2 FC: 1636 2111 7801

User Info: Wynters387

Wynters387
3 years ago#8
My team

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Florges
Aegislash
Auroras(?)
Malamar

User Info: Heliotrope

Heliotrope
3 years ago#9
To be honest I don't really "plan out a team" before I get a new game.

For the first play through I prefer to just explore the new routes, seeing what new Pokemon I can encounter and catch along the way, and then deciding if I like the look of them and want to use them on my team.
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359

User Info: CJZephyr

CJZephyr
3 years ago#10
How about vivilon? Ok it's a flying type like talonflame but picture show it learning psychic type moves so it could definitely fill the niche of bug/psychic special sweeper.

Also worth considering is dragalge, yes you have a water starter but dragalge loses that typing on evolution.

And you can't go wrong with Aegislash imo.
fc: 4682 9015 8283
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else having huge problems with putting together a Kalos team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived