This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else having huge problems with putting together a Kalos team?

#1Wolfie_ClawsPosted 10/7/2013 3:42:17 AM
With each new generation, i always put together a team of pokemon from that gen only. I've never had problems with this, even in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 i managed to put together 4 different teams Unova only without having 2 pokemon of the same types in my team, however, i'm having difficulties setting up a team in Pokemon X. I've only decided on 3 pokemon

Greninja (Water/Dark)
Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Tyrantrum (Dragon/Rock)

I originally wanted Helioptile in my team, but i changed my mind when i saw Heliolisk's design. And theres literally no other Electric types to choose from except that Pikaclone that most likely has horrible stats.
Then i wanted a grass type, and i got happy when i saw how many there were to choose from, but no one them had a spot in my team. I don't really like Gourgeist design that much. It looks OK, but it doesn't look like it fits into my team. Trevenants looks really messy, but he somewhats fits into my team. I would have chosen Florges, havent been for the fact THAT ITS NOT PART GRASS TYPE. It looks like a grass type, but it isn't. My OCD probably won't let me have this on my team if i already have a grass type, even if it isn't a grass type.
For the last spot, i almost literally have nothing left to choose from. Lets say i fill spot 4 and 5 with:
Trevenants (Grass/Ghost)
Heliolisk (Elec/Normal)
What other Pokemon can i choose now?
I'm looking at the full pokemon list right now, and the only pokemon i could choose now without repeating a type in my team would be:
Florges
Meowstic
Slurpuff
Avalugg
Xerneas.

I've already said why i wont choose Florges, and Xerneas is legendary, soo
Meowstic, Slurpuff or Avalugg...
Meowstic is too small to fit in my team, Slurpuff is too small and i don't like its design, and my OCD won't let me have a water type and a pure Ice type in my team together. Well fudge

#OCD #Blogfaqs
---
Blue is Greener than Purple
FC: 3823-9377-5845
#2ZeroxKnuxPosted 10/7/2013 3:44:31 AM
Why not choose an older pokemon and use its mega evolution on your team?
#3Wolfie_Claws(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:47:41 AM
My inner and evil OCD still counts that as using an old pokemon
---
#4AscendingLeoPosted 10/7/2013 3:49:32 AM
Use venusaur
#5AscendingLeoPosted 10/7/2013 3:51:21 AM
Wolfie_Claws posted...
My inner and evil OCD still counts that as using an old pokemon

Ah nvm :/. Just use it anyway! Poison is really good to have this gen too
#6Wolfie_Claws(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:51:45 AM
AscendingLeo posted...
Use venusaur

Did you even pay attention to the first paragraph of my post?
---
#7H-L-WPosted 10/7/2013 3:52:10 AM
Yea, have a mega evolution on your team. It'll be a waste not using any, especially when only old Pokemon get them. You'll be missing out :(

The only problem I have with my team is the abundance of awesome dragon types and fairy types introduced this gen making it hard to not double up on types.
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
Pokemon Black Version 2 FC: 1636 2111 7801
#8Wynters387Posted 10/7/2013 3:52:33 AM
My team

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Florges
Aegislash
Auroras(?)
Malamar
#9HeliotropePosted 10/7/2013 3:53:06 AM
To be honest I don't really "plan out a team" before I get a new game.

For the first play through I prefer to just explore the new routes, seeing what new Pokemon I can encounter and catch along the way, and then deciding if I like the look of them and want to use them on my team.
---
Currently taking a break from AC:NL. Will start a new town on new year's day. n_n
3DS FC: 2208-4574-2359
#10CJZephyrPosted 10/7/2013 3:54:51 AM
How about vivilon? Ok it's a flying type like talonflame but picture show it learning psychic type moves so it could definitely fill the niche of bug/psychic special sweeper.

Also worth considering is dragalge, yes you have a water starter but dragalge loses that typing on evolution.

And you can't go wrong with Aegislash imo.
---
fc: 4682 9015 8283