This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, one Mega per team. Good/Bad idea?

#110rpheusTelosPosted 10/7/2013 5:44:02 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
The_Dragonw posted...
Wait, does this mean only one pokemon can hold a Mega Stone per team, or what?
What if Mega Gengar gets wrecked by a Sucker Punch and faints? Is another Pokemon allowed to Mega Evolve or...

This is my concern.

I'm fine if I can only do it with one poke per battle, but I'd like it if I could choose which one to transform in a battle.

From what I understand, you can only Mega-Evolve once per battle. So doesn't matter how many pokemon are carrying megastones, once one evolves the others cant for the rest of the battle. I'm just wondering if I switch out my mega-evolved pokemon, can I mega-evolve it later on in the battle?
---
PSN: Mayoran64
3DS FC: 3093-7843-9295
#12SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 5:46:48 AM
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...
What if Mega Gengar gets wrecked by a Sucker Punch and faints? Is another Pokemon allowed to Mega Evolve or...

This is my concern.

I'm fine if I can only do it with one poke per battle, but I'd like it if I could choose which one to transform in a battle.

From what I understand, you can only Mega-Evolve once per battle. So doesn't matter how many pokemon are carrying megastones, once one evolves the others cant for the rest of the battle. I'm just wondering if I switch out my mega-evolved pokemon, can I mega-evolve it later on in the battle?

Once per battle is fine. I just don't want to have too much prep involved if I decide to switch mega's in the next fight.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
*internet station in progress*
#13darxusPosted 10/7/2013 5:47:52 AM
well, i'm quite ok with the fact that you can only use one mega on a team.
the only things i'm wondering, is what mega to use...
but yeah, i won't use one for online play, only for the fun in game, i guess.
oh, and... still pretty curious what kind of mega pokemon will be in the game (meaning, the ones that aren't discovered yet.)
---
furfrou all the way! <3
#14JustwanttolookPosted 10/7/2013 5:50:11 AM
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

This is my concern.

Megapokemon stay Mega for the entirety of the battle. I never understood where the assumptiom came from that they could revert back...
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
#15RudokuPosted 10/7/2013 5:52:46 AM
Justwanttolook posted...
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

This is my concern.

Megapokemon stay Mega for the entirety of the battle. I never understood where the assumptiom came from that they could revert back...

They watched too much Digimon Adventure. That's all Etemon did before kucking your ass.
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#16Missingno_MastrPosted 10/7/2013 5:55:40 AM
It's definitely a good idea, based on the stats of some of these Mega Evolutions we've seen.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#17Missingno_MastrPosted 10/7/2013 5:55:40 AM
It's definitely a good idea, based on the stats of some of these Mega Evolutions we've seen.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#18Fierce_Deity777Posted 10/7/2013 6:17:40 AM
*coughMegaKangaskahncough*

My friend and I were discussing Mega Kangaskahn. Assuming status moves also get used twice, it's potential is NUTS. Some quick examples:

-Circle Throw lets you take entry hazard phazing to a whole new level
-Spite allows you to strip 8 PP per turn
-Sing rolls twice, allowing a 79.75% success rate per turn. The setup possibilities for this are insane*
-303 BP Return per turn. Or Giga Impact for 450 BP one turn with still only one turn of recharge
-Double drain punch for 150 BP @ 50% HP return
-180 BP Avalanche
-Seismic Toss for set 200 damage/turn.
-75% success Dynamicpunch
-255 BP Body Slam with a 51% chance to successfully paralyze the target each turn.
-Mud Slap spam to drop opponent accuracy 2 stages per turn (to force a switch)
-Ice Beam for 19% chance to freeze each turn.

*Following up with a Substitute, you can safely:
-Start spamming 300 combined BP Focus Punches each turn
-Spite spam for incredible PP stripping, (Between 8 and ~40 PP before they can attack.)
-Drain Punch spam to regain all HP lost from the substitute.
-Sing to put them asleep after breaking the substitute, but before they can hit you again.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.