This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, one Mega per team. Good/Bad idea?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, one Mega per team. Good/Bad idea?

User Info: 0rpheusTelos

0rpheusTelos
3 years ago#11
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
The_Dragonw posted...
Wait, does this mean only one pokemon can hold a Mega Stone per team, or what?
What if Mega Gengar gets wrecked by a Sucker Punch and faints? Is another Pokemon allowed to Mega Evolve or...

This is my concern.

I'm fine if I can only do it with one poke per battle, but I'd like it if I could choose which one to transform in a battle.

From what I understand, you can only Mega-Evolve once per battle. So doesn't matter how many pokemon are carrying megastones, once one evolves the others cant for the rest of the battle. I'm just wondering if I switch out my mega-evolved pokemon, can I mega-evolve it later on in the battle?
PSN: Mayoran64
3DS FC: 3093-7843-9295

User Info: SuprSaiyanRockr

SuprSaiyanRockr
3 years ago#12
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...
What if Mega Gengar gets wrecked by a Sucker Punch and faints? Is another Pokemon allowed to Mega Evolve or...

This is my concern.

I'm fine if I can only do it with one poke per battle, but I'd like it if I could choose which one to transform in a battle.

From what I understand, you can only Mega-Evolve once per battle. So doesn't matter how many pokemon are carrying megastones, once one evolves the others cant for the rest of the battle. I'm just wondering if I switch out my mega-evolved pokemon, can I mega-evolve it later on in the battle?

Once per battle is fine. I just don't want to have too much prep involved if I decide to switch mega's in the next fight.
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
*internet station in progress*

User Info: darxus

darxus
3 years ago#13
well, i'm quite ok with the fact that you can only use one mega on a team.
the only things i'm wondering, is what mega to use...
but yeah, i won't use one for online play, only for the fun in game, i guess.
oh, and... still pretty curious what kind of mega pokemon will be in the game (meaning, the ones that aren't discovered yet.)
furfrou all the way! <3

User Info: Justwanttolook

Justwanttolook
3 years ago#14
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

This is my concern.

Megapokemon stay Mega for the entirety of the battle. I never understood where the assumptiom came from that they could revert back...
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!

User Info: Rudoku

Rudoku
3 years ago#15
Justwanttolook posted...
0rpheusTelos posted...
The_Dragonw posted...

This is my concern.

Megapokemon stay Mega for the entirety of the battle. I never understood where the assumptiom came from that they could revert back...

They watched too much Digimon Adventure. That's all Etemon did before kucking your ass.
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#16
It's definitely a good idea, based on the stats of some of these Mega Evolutions we've seen.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#17
It's definitely a good idea, based on the stats of some of these Mega Evolutions we've seen.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
3 years ago#18
*coughMegaKangaskahncough*

My friend and I were discussing Mega Kangaskahn. Assuming status moves also get used twice, it's potential is NUTS. Some quick examples:

-Circle Throw lets you take entry hazard phazing to a whole new level
-Spite allows you to strip 8 PP per turn
-Sing rolls twice, allowing a 79.75% success rate per turn. The setup possibilities for this are insane*
-303 BP Return per turn. Or Giga Impact for 450 BP one turn with still only one turn of recharge
-Double drain punch for 150 BP @ 50% HP return
-180 BP Avalanche
-Seismic Toss for set 200 damage/turn.
-75% success Dynamicpunch
-255 BP Body Slam with a 51% chance to successfully paralyze the target each turn.
-Mud Slap spam to drop opponent accuracy 2 stages per turn (to force a switch)
-Ice Beam for 19% chance to freeze each turn.

*Following up with a Substitute, you can safely:
-Start spamming 300 combined BP Focus Punches each turn
-Spite spam for incredible PP stripping, (Between 8 and ~40 PP before they can attack.)
-Drain Punch spam to regain all HP lost from the substitute.
-Sing to put them asleep after breaking the substitute, but before they can hit you again.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, one Mega per team. Good/Bad idea?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived