This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dumbish question about competitive battling....

#1jEr3mYPosted 10/7/2013 7:39:21 AM
Given with how Smogon makes rules and blah blah... Do we have to follow those rules if we want to battle competitively???

i wanna make a team.. but don't really wanna follow their rules of "No Swift Swim + Drizzle" for example....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#2omega bahumatPosted 10/7/2013 7:39:50 AM
Depends on where you're playing.
#3Lone_HunterPosted 10/7/2013 7:40:54 AM
All depends on who you want to battle. If you want to battle Smogon battlers, gotta follow those rules. Want to play VGC, you have to follow those rules. So on and so forth.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
(W2)2924-7521-0718
#4moshpitt133Posted 10/7/2013 7:41:31 AM
Depends on where and who your playing.

Usually if you just go into a random fight online its whatever goes.

If your on serebii and you agree to standard rules, most likely smogon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OKCcoeA.gif
#5RatheVPosted 10/7/2013 7:41:49 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Depends on where you're playing.
#6JerZim_XPosted 10/7/2013 7:41:53 AM
Idc if i lose alot, I like to use pokemon that Iike , not ones I dont because stats are better or rules work in their favor, but on topic.....if your talking random wifi or friends, should be able to use a majority of tbe pokemons except some legendaries, multiple hold items etc. few ppl on here by play with diff rules too
---
Xbox Live: Carnage 781
Playstation Network: Carnage_781
#7jEr3mY(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:42:34 AM
Well I just wanna battle randoms... as I'll be playing on my 3DS, not the Smogon simulator....

I was aware I'd have to follow the rules if playing in a certain place though...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#8RatheVPosted 10/7/2013 7:46:29 AM
jEr3mY posted...
Well I just wanna battle randoms... as I'll be playing on my 3DS, not the Smogon simulator....

I was aware I'd have to follow the rules if playing in a certain place though...

Then what was the question?

Assuming the standard random battle rules, there will be no event-only pokemon allowed, and most legendaries will be banned, with the common exception of the legendary trios and perhaps a few others.

Certain pokemon/move combinations will be disallowed, but we're talking, like, super-obscure stuff where one pokemon back in Gen 3 got a special move from some forgotten event, and the game designers forgot/decided not to program the game to accept that special move as legit. So it's stuff that you probably couldn't transfer into the game anyway.
#9RaykishinPosted 10/7/2013 7:52:11 AM
Uses smogon for reference to get a hold of what competitive battling like, but just play in any way you like it without having to follow the clauses etc. etc.
---
Huzzah!
#10Zerohour7Posted 10/9/2013 3:51:51 AM
You playing on your ds so go to nugget bridge to get in real competitive battles as get a better look and help at some pokemon that will work great on you team