This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E is the Super Mario Sunshine of the Pokemon series, it wont be remade

#21GeneralKenobi85Posted 10/7/2013 8:28:23 AM
I'm still not sure why so many people want Sunshine to be remade. A sequel would be so much cooler. Of course that's kinda a risky move when current Nintendo is involved. You don't know what you're gonna get.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#22360pagesPosted 10/7/2013 8:32:16 AM
Sunshine had its share of problems, such as camara in some areas annoying missions and completely missing the point of the star collection aspect.

The reason why in 64 and the other 3D games you only need 60 stars to complete the game, was to allow the player to choose what stars they could collect, sunshine forced you to complete all the main levels up to the seventh shines, the other shines only point was for 100% completion, this removes freedom from the player.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#23GeneralKenobi85Posted 10/7/2013 8:37:15 AM
360pages posted...
Sunshine had its share of problems, such as camara in some areas annoying missions and completely missing the point of the star collection aspect.

The reason why in 64 and the other 3D games you only need 60 stars to complete the game, was to allow the player to choose what stars they could collect, sunshine forced you to complete all the main levels up to the seventh shines, the other shines only point was for 100% completion, this removes freedom from the player.

How exactly did it completely miss the point of star collection? While it's true that Corona Mountain should be triggered after you acquire a certain number of Shines and nothing else, it seems like a pretty minor flaw when you figure that most players are going to be trying to collect as many of them as they can.
---
<sneaky beeping>
#24AlphrinPosted 10/7/2013 8:42:02 AM
You know what else was the Super Mario Sunshine of a series? Winder Waker. And that's getting remade.

You know, come to think of it seems like Nintendo had a huge obsession with water during that time period. All three of its biggest franchises had a major emphasis on water.

Miyamoto must have just acquired a membership at a swimming pool at the time, or something.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#25360pagesPosted 10/7/2013 8:44:35 AM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
360pages posted...

How exactly did it completely miss the point of star collection? While it's true that Corona Mountain should be triggered after you acquire a certain number of Shines and nothing else, it seems like a pretty minor flaw when you figure that most players are going to be trying to collect as many of them as they can.

Most people do, however some levels have rather irritating missions, that some would rather avoid, they can't because they have to do them. No other 3d mario game does this, as long as you collected 60 you could reach the end.

If someone wanted to beat the game without 100% the shine counter is meaningless because you have to beat all of the levels to the seventh star, nothing more nothing less. While in 64 and galaxy if you didn't like a mission or thought it was too hard, you could skip it completely. Your star counter played a large role in completing the game since you could collect any sixty of them.

It's not the number of shines, but the fact you have to complete all of the missions to the eight shine in all of the levels, there is no going around it. You HAVE to do those missions, there was no skipping a star that was annoying.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#26GeneralKenobi85Posted 10/7/2013 8:47:38 AM
Okay, fair enough. There were some pretty annoying missions in the game for sure.
---
<sneaky beeping>
#27BlitzTHedgehogPosted 10/7/2013 8:53:11 AM
I don't see that as a bad thing in the slightest. Sure, some of the levels in Sunshine were frustrating, but I'm one to keep attempting it again and again until I get it. I'm glad they didn't just allow you to skip it and get an easier shine to beat the game, I had to put some effort into it to win. Granted, there were a few problems with the mechanics, so I can understand complaining about that, but there was nothing wrong with the concept.
#28ganiamPosted 10/7/2013 8:54:55 AM
It would give them the chance to correct those mistakes though.
#29BlitzTHedgehogPosted 10/7/2013 8:56:44 AM
Good point. I suppose I just like the Nintendo hard style of some games, and enjoy them after playing through easier games.
#30TwinmoldPosted 10/7/2013 8:58:09 AM
So by this you mean one of the better games in the series, and critically underrated because of tweens with nostalgia glasses?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf