This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R/S/E is the Super Mario Sunshine of the Pokemon series, it wont be remade

#31360pagesPosted 10/7/2013 8:58:42 AM
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
I don't see that as a bad thing in the slightest. Sure, some of the levels in Sunshine were frustrating, but I'm one to keep attempting it again and again until I get it. I'm glad they didn't just allow you to skip it and get an easier shine to beat the game, I had to put some effort into it to win. Granted, there were a few problems with the mechanics, so I can understand complaining about that, but there was nothing wrong with the concept.

I personally found the best part of mario 64 is that a level took too long or got tedious, I could just say forget it and do another star. It was still there for people who wanted a challenge or wanted 100%, but it didn't punish those who didn't like a certain level theme or star. I personally think this is the best way to do difficulty.

I did managed to beat Sunshine, but it really wasn't that great of an experience, some of the missions were simply far too annoying, and places like the Hotel was rage inducing.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#32kingjam1Posted 10/7/2013 9:02:27 AM
Don't compare Sunshine to RSE. Sunshine is actually good and is highly underrated.
---
Can't think of anything
#33BlitzTHedgehogPosted 10/7/2013 9:03:57 AM
360pages posted...
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
I don't see that as a bad thing in the slightest. Sure, some of the levels in Sunshine were frustrating, but I'm one to keep attempting it again and again until I get it. I'm glad they didn't just allow you to skip it and get an easier shine to beat the game, I had to put some effort into it to win. Granted, there were a few problems with the mechanics, so I can understand complaining about that, but there was nothing wrong with the concept.

I personally found the best part of mario 64 is that a level took too long or got tedious, I could just say forget it and do another star. It was still there for people who wanted a challenge or wanted 100%, but it didn't punish those who didn't like a certain level theme or star. I personally think this is the best way to do difficulty.

I did managed to beat Sunshine, but it really wasn't that great of an experience, some of the missions were simply far too annoying, and places like the Hotel was rage inducing.

I don't really enjoy that as much, as unless I'm trying to 100% the game, I would never bother to go back and play that level. I guess it sounds stupid, but I enjoy being forced to play a tough level every now and again, even if it is ridiculously difficult. I find it satisfying to beat those levels. I went through Sunshine earlier this year and 100% it for the first time, and it felt great, even if there were points that were really annoying.

And other than the timed red coins, I really liked the hotel. I feel like I'm very much a minority there.
#34GeneralKenobi85Posted 10/7/2013 9:08:02 AM
I also enjoyed the hotel. It was the just the first mission with Phantamanta that always bugged the hell out of me. Though in hindsight it doesn't actually seem that difficult.

Most of the hotel Shines were really fun though.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#35Mr StickPosted 10/7/2013 9:13:50 AM
I always viewed Ruby/Sapphire's decline in popularity as being a result of the Pokemon "fad" part dying down.

Sure, a lot of people speak badly about them, but for the most part, when Ruby/Sapphire had come out, it was when many of the kids who grew up playing Pokemon were getting into higher grades and Pokemon was viewed as a children's game (and still is). A lot of people 'grew out" of Pokemon just to not be made fun of.

Pokemon as a 'fad' or 'phenomenon' had completely died off. It was still popular, obviously, but it had shed the skin of being a MUST HAVE FOR EVERYONE CRAZE that it was with Gen 1 & 2.

Anyway, if anything, lower sales is justification for Nintendo, seeing as that was one of the campaigned reasons for TWW HD. "NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE PLAYED THIS WHEN IT CAME OUT. NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!"

Also, keep in mind, a lot of older fans (other than LOL GEN1 FOR LIFE ONLY 151) have matured to recognize RSE's solidity and appreciate the things it added and whatever. They'd probably get them just for the nostalgia of the fact the games are so old now and may be better than they remember.

And then you have all the new kids who didn't play Pokemon prior to Gen 4 or Gen 5 that would be experiencing it for the first time who would buy it no matter what.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491