This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

While i like the idea of Megaevolving i think is badly implemented.

#1fissionprimerPosted 10/7/2013 11:15:16 AM
-Just one Megaevolving per battle (why?)
- Just a small number of pokemon have it (most of those are popular and already overpowered pokemon, how does that make a balance)
- No risk, or probably no reason not to use them (then why are they temporary?)

How i think Megaevolutions should work (may need some assistance from you guys)

- Megaevolutions should have a risk or reason not to use them (for the sake of balance and strategy)
Examples: Losing a turn, losing some HP while using it or moves use 2PP instead of one.

- More Pokemon that are weak competitively should have Megaevolutions ( For the sake of balance)

- i dont see why just one Megaevolution for battle, i hope the game explains this.

- i like that pokemons have two Megaevolutions, because that makes the pokemon unpredictable and opens for even more strategy options.

I expect your comments guys.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#2ShadowMaster684Posted 10/7/2013 11:17:24 AM
So you wouldn't mind going up against Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Charizard X, Mega Venusaur, Mega Garchomp, Mega Lucario, and Mega Blaziken on the same team?
#3moshpitt133Posted 10/7/2013 11:19:05 AM
1. If theres more than one mega evolution for battles, whats the point of competitive battling then?
It will just turn into a mega evolution fest
2. I agree more pokemon should have mega evolutions priority going to some of the fully evolved pokemon that are not that good for competitive play?
3. Why should there be a risk? The different is that yes they get a buff, but they cant use any other item.

For example Mega mewtwo Y is actually only as good just faster then regular mewtwo. Infact Mewtwo with lifeorb has about 20 extra Sp.A points than MMY at a cost of course
---
http://i.imgur.com/OKCcoeA.gif
#4BloodlustSwedenPosted 10/7/2013 11:19:21 AM
Well the 1 per battle makes very much sense if it does indeed not have any risk to using it....i mean..otherwise you would use it every, single, time. Or something..
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#5xXknightimeXxPosted 10/7/2013 11:20:13 AM
It seems more of a cosmetic feature for x and y. Maybe next time they'll think balance wise and give pokemon that need buffs a mega form.

Then again i dont play competively and as long as dragonite has one and its cool, I have no complaints.
(I like the lose two pp per move idea though)
---
XBL- InFamus Shadow
So if the devil wear Prada, Adam Eve wear nada, I'm in between but way more fresher.
#6fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:20:19 AM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
So you wouldn't mind going up against Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Charizard X, Mega Venusaur, Mega Garchomp, Mega Lucario, and Mega Blaziken on the same team?

You are right, but.. That's because there aren't many Megaevolutions yet and... Most pokemon that have them are already overpowered or like Smogon would say.. Overused.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#7RynnTheDarkPosted 10/7/2013 11:20:54 AM
For having one mega at a time, the point is he is that special pokemon you have an amazing bond with (requires max friendship). Its why they chose super popular pokemon, it isnt for the sake of balance, its more so people would be more on board with the idea. Looking at it that way, makes it really cool and thematic.

MAWILE'S MY JAM. AWWW YEAH!
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/7/2013 11:21:19 AM
Most of the Pokemon were NEVER going to get an evolution.

Legendaries, and third stage forms. That's why they are temporary. Sure a decent amount of second stage Pokemon and stand alones do too, but that just means they may have been ignored if they didn't get a megaevo.

Either way "Why so few" : Probably to implement more next gen.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9Shadow Flare13Posted 10/7/2013 11:44:57 AM
I think it is actually pretty well implemented from what I've read, and I really don't even like the idea of Mega Evolutions. At the very least I'd prefer a lot of the obsolete Pokemon from Gen I who suffered from poor stat distribution get Mega Evos before things like Garchomp and Lucario... but nevertheless. The only one Mega Evolution is a great idea to put some strategy into it. It also makes the Pokemon who don't Mega Evolve not suffer at all. It'd be hard for a normal Pokemon to compete in a game chock full of Megas.

Not to mention the loss of an item in exchange for incredibly boosts is a fair trade off. You can't just blindly make your Pokemon super strong, you need to consider which one is worth Mega Evolving and what type of style you are going for.
#10LordVhaerunPosted 10/7/2013 11:49:01 AM
I thought I read that the storyline is based around finding out the meaning and origin behind Megas. Maybe they'll cover why only some pokemon get Megas in game at some point.