This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

While i like the idea of Megaevolving i think is badly implemented.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. While i like the idea of Megaevolving i think is badly implemented.
3 years ago#11
fissionprimer posted...
- Megaevolutions should have a risk or reason not to use them (for the sake of balance and strategy)
Examples: Losing a turn, losing some HP while using it or moves use 2PP instead of one.

The negative to Mega Evolving is not having a useful hold item. Having no hold items (because the Mega stone is needed) eliminates several strategies off the bat that you could use a Mega Evolved Pokémon for. Because of their offensive stat increases, Mega Evolved Pokémon are reduced to being only sweepers. Any other use you may intend a Mega Pokémon for (including tanky types) is a waste because of the lack of a hold item. Even as Sweepers, Mega Pokémon may still be at a disadvantage because of the inability to use key sweeper hold items such as the Quick Claw or Scope Lens.
3 years ago#12
How i thought it would work was the Mega Evolution would occur when they got low health or something.
If I learned anything from Avatar: The Last Airbender, its that if someone asks you a question, the best possible response is "A giant Lion Turtle."
3 years ago#13
wait until you actually play the game before making these statements
Signature
3 years ago#14
All the megas have a BST of around 600, some with really good abilities too, so basically everone's gonna have one random legendary teir mon on their team.
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. While i like the idea of Megaevolving i think is badly implemented.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived