This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

While i like the idea of Megaevolving i think is badly implemented.

#11TI_FourPosted 10/7/2013 1:28:09 PM
fissionprimer posted...
- Megaevolutions should have a risk or reason not to use them (for the sake of balance and strategy)
Examples: Losing a turn, losing some HP while using it or moves use 2PP instead of one.

The negative to Mega Evolving is not having a useful hold item. Having no hold items (because the Mega stone is needed) eliminates several strategies off the bat that you could use a Mega Evolved Pokémon for. Because of their offensive stat increases, Mega Evolved Pokémon are reduced to being only sweepers. Any other use you may intend a Mega Pokémon for (including tanky types) is a waste because of the lack of a hold item. Even as Sweepers, Mega Pokémon may still be at a disadvantage because of the inability to use key sweeper hold items such as the Quick Claw or Scope Lens.
#12El_ChouricoPosted 10/7/2013 1:35:07 PM
How i thought it would work was the Mega Evolution would occur when they got low health or something.
---
If I learned anything from Avatar: The Last Airbender, its that if someone asks you a question, the best possible response is "A giant Lion Turtle."
#13scitch1Posted 10/7/2013 1:36:25 PM
wait until you actually play the game before making these statements
---
Signature
#14SirPikachuPosted 10/7/2013 1:37:12 PM
All the megas have a BST of around 600, some with really good abilities too, so basically everone's gonna have one random legendary teir mon on their team.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.