This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which starters do you think will be in OU?

#11Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 10/7/2013 12:45:55 PM
mexicannon posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Chesnaught, easily.

How? Attack is decent, defenses suck, and speed sucks. Not a good combination.

It's not all about stats sometimes.
A good movepool on the right mon can go a long way. Which Chesnaught seems to be on the right path of.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5MmMfYp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/tGzHyvF.jpg
The official Royal Heir of the Pokemon X/Y Board!
#12Sakul123Posted 10/7/2013 12:47:05 PM
Chesnaughts signature shield move is pretty good. If it knows leech seed too I can imagine it being a really good stall but it's weaknesses (especially times 4 flying) mixed with low speed, it's going to have a terrible time setting up. The only thing that would save it is something like a prankster ability. It seems likely it could get iron barbs, which would actually be great mixed with a rocky helmet, but still not OU material, and instead rather UU
---
Black PKMN: 4513 2385 7799
#13Hanon623Posted 10/7/2013 12:48:19 PM
I think Chesnaught is pretty interesting, it's not outclassed by breloom like delphox is with Victini (although delphox being significantly faster should hold weight) and until the thing gets skill link i don't see greninja doing better than sharpedo. That said chesnaught isn't exactly overwhelming it's faster than i expected but its still slow with a number of key weaknesses i doubt any of the starters will be ou but delphox imo has the best chance
#14SorrowOfAcheronPosted 10/7/2013 12:48:58 PM
uuurrrggh posted...
mexicannon posted...
I can tell you know that Delphox will not be OU, since Victini outclasses it in every category and it is in UU. Chesnaught had potential, but it has crappy defenses and will fail in OU. Greninja could be in OU, because it has a very high speed and good attack/sp attack. It's priority move looks promising as well

Just because Victini performs better as an attacker, doesn't mean Delphox loses its viability. Who knows, a set comprising of Will-O-Wisp and Mystical Fire could screw over a team. Or you could sacrifice Mystical Fire for more power, and spam Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt combo. 115/115 offenses aren't bad either.

Delphox gets Ice Beam/Thunderbolt?
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
#15Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/7/2013 12:49:56 PM
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
mexicannon posted...
I can tell you know that Delphox will not be OU, since Victini outclasses it in every category and it is in UU. Chesnaught had potential, but it has crappy defenses and will fail in OU. Greninja could be in OU, because it has a very high speed and good attack/sp attack. It's priority move looks promising as well

Just because Victini performs better as an attacker, doesn't mean Delphox loses its viability. Who knows, a set comprising of Will-O-Wisp and Mystical Fire could screw over a team. Or you could sacrifice Mystical Fire for more power, and spam Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt combo. 115/115 offenses aren't bad either.

I would like to know that as well? I can see Thunderbolt, but Ice Beam?
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#16uuurrrgghPosted 10/7/2013 12:50:05 PM
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
uuurrrggh posted...
mexicannon posted...

Been floating around the board for awhile, since a bunch of psychic types get one or two of these moves.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#17WolfJouninPosted 10/7/2013 12:52:27 PM(edited)
Despite people saying Chesnaught is bulkier than Breloom, Spore > any amount of bulk. Chesnaught would at best be UU... well, its x4 Flying weakness doesn't help, but it does have a pretty interesting unique move. Even if it eventually gets a good secondary ability, I doubt it can keep up with Breloom (who has 2 amazing abilities, and incredible move pool, and SPORE).

Delphox is deader than dead, unless it gets a really strong alternate ability.

Greninja is the most likely in OU due to its speed and typing, but it is still fairly unlikely as we've seen what happened to Sceptile with similar benefits, and Sharpedo who has the same typing, but also has Speed Boost. The unique and amazing Water Shuriken utilizes its weaker offensive stat, and offensive Sceptile with its impressive physical movepool wasn't good enough to be OU either. If Greninja gets Sucker Punch (maybe as an egg move), it is significantly more likely to be OU, especially if it has Swords Dance and you also throw in Water Shuriken to make it a priority sweeping beast (still not at the level of Scizor, but hey). If Greninja gets a superior secondary ability and not some stupid inferior one, it is very possible for it to be in OU.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.