This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: Smogon places a majority of Mega Pokemon in Uber.

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 10/7/2013 1:37:12 PM
By doing so, they effectively make it so almost no Mega Pokemon are in OU meaning the metagame will be very similar to past games without Megas. - Results (83 votes)
I'm okay with that if the game is more balanced. I don't want games to be based on which Mega Pokemon you have.
31.33% (26 votes)
No! They shouldn't remove the biggest change made to the game in years from normal (OU) play!
22.89% (19 votes)
I used to follow Smogon rules because it made the game more balanced but if they remove Megas from OU I will stop.
7.23% (6 votes)
I've never played by Smogon rules and I don't intend to start now.
28.92% (24 votes)
Other (post reaction).
9.64% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2Issa_5Posted 10/7/2013 1:37:40 PM
Genuinely don't care one way or the other. :)
#3The_Undying_84Posted 10/7/2013 1:38:41 PM
I don't care about competitive at all, but I dislike Mega's, so making them less used is fine by me.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#4SalsaSavantPosted 10/7/2013 1:38:47 PM
Depends on if they're legitimately overpowered/over-centralizing.

Will the entire game suddenly revolve around Baton passing to a Mega? Will it suddenly focus on counter Mega strategies?

Or will Megas just be a tougher than normal member of the party?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5SorrowOfAcheronPosted 10/7/2013 1:38:56 PM
I don't follow Smogon rules, but lots of the people I battle do.
So I really wouldn't mind; would kind of suck, though.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron
Roy (Awakening DLC appearance & unique moveset) and Matthew & Sveta (Golden Sun) for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
#6uuurrrgghPosted 10/7/2013 1:39:49 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
Depends on if they're legitimately overpowered/over-centralizing.

Will the entire game suddenly revolve around Baton passing to a Mega? Will it suddenly focus on counter Mega strategies?

Or will Megas just be a tougher than normal member of the party?

---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#7pokemonzeroPosted 10/7/2013 1:43:04 PM
What I don't like are the DQers on Black 2's random matchup(Actual Pokemon with an actual Game) when I "Break" Smogon Rules. I use RM so as to not have to deal with Smogon's rules but the Smogonites try to make everyone play by Smogon's rules.
#8MogKnightAzurePosted 10/7/2013 1:44:06 PM
The fact that you can only have one mega in your team makes it fairly interesting. But will that restriction be enough to warrant having one in OU?

I guess what I'm asking is.. if standard play right now meant that you could use only ONE Uber in your team... how much would that change the metagame? There's a fair handful of Ubers to choose from now so it would be difficult to build a team around specifically countering your opponent's chosen Uber. Could this style of play be balanced?
#9TwinGunRiggyPosted 10/7/2013 1:45:00 PM
pokemonzero posted...
What I don't like are the DQers on Black 2's random matchup(Actual Pokemon with an actual Game) when I "Break" Smogon Rules. I use RM so as to not have to deal with Smogon's rules but the Smogonites try to make everyone play by Smogon's rules.

This! I don't really follow Smogon rules so honestly couldn't care less.
---
Remove Thyself From Mine Path Wench
Step Aside, Step Aside!
#10XXHornDogXXPosted 10/7/2013 1:47:14 PM(edited)
I dont think Megas are the biggest change to the Meta game. They are the biggest change to certain Pokemon, yes. But as to the whole Meta game i dont think so. I think the biggest change is the new type along with previous type nerfs/buffs. Along with the weather nerf (if its true) and Stealth Rocks nerf. Megas just act as sorta new Pokemon to the Meta.

Now as to answer the actual topic, if all Megas are actually that powerful like Mewtwo Y then i wouldnt mind them in Ubers. But i bet only about 3 or so would make it to Ubers.
---
no Sig master race