This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction: Smogon places a majority of Mega Pokemon in Uber.

#11KeldonisPosted 10/7/2013 1:50:29 PM(edited)
I don't see them being all that powerful honestly. Some forms get better boosts, with others getting a slight boost or nerf to another desired stat (such as Speed).

Granted, we don't have the actual stats in front of us, but not being able to hold an item (other than the required mega stone) is quite a hinderance. You can also only have one Mega in a team.

Also, I don't believe Mega's are activated prior to being on the field so they still take certain weaknesses to entry (Stealth rocks and Charizard for instance). Now, I've heard SR has been slightly nerfed but still.....

We'll just have to wait and see. It's too much speculation at this stage.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#12MogKnightAzurePosted 10/7/2013 1:48:52 PM
pokemonzero posted...
What I don't like are the DQers on Black 2's random matchup(Actual Pokemon with an actual Game) when I "Break" Smogon Rules. I use RM so as to not have to deal with Smogon's rules but the Smogonites try to make everyone play by Smogon's rules.

No... Smogon tries to create a superior set of rules to Nintendo's own standard tournament rules to allow for better variety in competitive teams. You don't have to follow them at all. If a tournament you go to runs ANY rules, whether it's Smogon's or their own... you have to follow it.. don't be stupid. If you're playing an open battle with someone and they don't specify anything, just go and throw out Mega Mewtwo, who cares.
#13Meltemi_RafalaPosted 10/7/2013 1:51:14 PM
A thorough and total meh from me. Though, it does make me think: If we get 50 Ubers, doesn't that just make Ubers a second OU?
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#14GensokyoPosted 10/7/2013 1:52:20 PM
Other: Not surprised.
#15Don_of_BladesPosted 10/7/2013 1:52:28 PM
It's too soon to make a call like that.

Though guaranteed there will be a handful banned outright like mewtwo, still it's too early to say anything.
#16DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 1:56:14 PM
MogKnightAzure posted...
No... Smogon tries to create a superior set of rules to Nintendo's own standard tournament rules to allow for better variety in competitive teams. You don't have to follow them at all. If a tournament you go to runs ANY rules, whether it's Smogon's or their own... you have to follow it.. don't be stupid. If you're playing an open battle with someone and they don't specify anything, just go and throw out Mega Mewtwo, who cares.

"Nintendo's own standard tournament rules" is for all intents and purposed the Uber tier. I think tournaments ban OHKO attacks, and that's it. Not sure about Double Team.

The reason so many people play with Smogon rules and OU is the most popular is because Uber tier is boring and limited to many. They want to use Pokemon that aren't legendaries.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>