This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did I miss out on black and white?

#1XiaphasPosted 10/7/2013 2:33:06 PM
I've played every generation from Gen 1 to Platinum and Soul Silver, and skipped out on Black and White. As such, I have a few questions.

1. Are BW and BW2 worthwhile?

2. What mechanics have been changed in Gen V, that I'll need to know coming into Gen VI?
#2boarbaquePosted 10/7/2013 3:04:13 PM
Play black and white. Black and white 2 aren't as good as black and white. You missed triple and rotation battles. Also pokemon dream world but people never use that.
#3StevenDrkPrincePosted 10/7/2013 3:05:10 PM
Well they had the best story and there is no denying that.
---
3DS XL FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." LOOKING FOR PUDGE
#4Tigo73Posted 10/7/2013 3:05:41 PM
BW2 are my favourite games in the franchise (and many other people´s too), but might as well wait for XY now.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#5tsunamisurfer08Posted 10/7/2013 3:12:18 PM(edited)
Tigo73 posted...
BW2 are my favourite games in the franchise (and many other people´s too), but might as well wait for XY now.

I have to agree. Black 2 was really good. It'll take a lot to beat everything it had.

I just had a thought about that too. Wonder if we'll ever see a Join Avenue type place again.
---
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost
#6hawkleberryfinPosted 10/7/2013 3:34:15 PM
The original Gold was my first game so its always #1 for me, but after that its a tie between HGSS and BW. Ive played every gen since 2, including remakes.

Feature-wise BW2 are worthwhile as well, but only if you finish BW and are hankering for more of that gen. The story continues and theres tons of post game stuff, but it doesnt have the same newness or charm BW do when you play them.

If this was a couple months ago Id say grab BW, but with XY so soon...
#7LazorFistPosted 10/7/2013 3:40:47 PM
Black and White introduced triple and rotation battles (which basically put 3 of your Pokemon on a rotating disc which allows you to swap Pokemon on the disc and attack in the same turn by rotating the disc). You may fight wild Audinos in shaky grass spots for easy exp. You also need to transfer your Gen 4 Pokemon onto a Gen 5 game before you can send them to X and Y.
#8TheUltimateBoytPosted 10/7/2013 3:46:47 PM
BW and BW2 are definitely the best story wise, with a story that's actually worth it. Other than XY, they have the best graphics too. Triple and Rotation battles were introduced, not sure if they'll come back though, but if they do they'll have a tutorial type thing in XY and beyond anyway. To transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 6, you'll have to go through Gen 5 first. BW probably had the worst Pokemon designs though, perhaps better than Gen 2. I would get them, they're still good games and worthy to the series. Don't get why some people hate them so much.
#9SirPikachuPosted 10/7/2013 3:48:35 PM
BW2 are amazing games, but I would just wait and get XY since they're coming out Saturday.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#10ouchalargerockPosted 10/7/2013 3:49:56 PM
Oh gewd yes. B/W were possibly the best in the series. If you added a few minute things from B/W 2 those games would be the best. B/W 2 are passable, but they are a nice continuation of the story.
---
Feel free to disagree
My new blog: http://videogamesviability.blogspot.com/