This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game Freak cut out a lot of bad middle evolutions to get 70 pokes

#41DarknessLink7Posted 10/8/2013 6:12:19 AM
Anyone know how many "3-stage-line" Pokémon we get? As in "Pokemon that evolve twice". xD
I tend to like those the best. Watching my Pokemon grow is a huge part of the fun for me.
---
3DS FC: 5026-4968-1695, Name: Adam
Perfection is at hand! I have been made compleat.
#42MidnightCrewPosted 10/8/2013 6:29:17 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...
Jagus posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...
Jagus posted...
No, they don't. Megas are lazy rehashes of old Pokemon. They take an existing design, and ruin it by adding spikes, stripes, and other nonsense. Mega Ampharos doesn't look like a new Pokemon. It looks like Ampharos with whip cream and cherries. Mega Venusaur doesn't look like a new Pokemon. It looks like someone put a flower on its head and gave it tattoos.

Another reason they shouldn't be counted as new Pokemon is because you can only have one of them on their team, and they don't even have Dex entries.

Megas are garbage, plain and simple. It's even worse that they probably took up time to make regular Pokemon. Ugg.

So just because you don't like them they don't count? Wonderful logic there. And by wonderful I mean insane troll.

I gave several reasons why they shouldn't count. If you ignore them, you're trolling.

And yes, it's laughable, no, absurd, to think that the same amount of work went into making Megas as new Pokemon. They're literally the same thing as the old Pokemon, except they f*** up their designs by adding accessories, stripes, spikes, and color changes. Look at Mega Blastoise and try to tell me that took as much effort as making Braixen. That's hilarious.

You may have "reasons", but they're so biased that they're not even worth considering. And you could basically say the same thing for design time about cross-gen prevos and evos, yet those are still counted.

Actually he's right. If you think the majority of mega evolutions take as much work as a completely new design, you're kidding yourself.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards. Official Beheeyem of the X/Y Boards.
#43NinjaKitsunePosted 10/8/2013 7:18:34 AM
MidnightCrew posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...
Jagus posted...
NinjaKitsune posted...
Jagus posted...
No, they don't. Megas are lazy rehashes of old Pokemon. They take an existing design, and ruin it by adding spikes, stripes, and other nonsense. Mega Ampharos doesn't look like a new Pokemon. It looks like Ampharos with whip cream and cherries. Mega Venusaur doesn't look like a new Pokemon. It looks like someone put a flower on its head and gave it tattoos.

Another reason they shouldn't be counted as new Pokemon is because you can only have one of them on their team, and they don't even have Dex entries.

Megas are garbage, plain and simple. It's even worse that they probably took up time to make regular Pokemon. Ugg.

So just because you don't like them they don't count? Wonderful logic there. And by wonderful I mean insane troll.

I gave several reasons why they shouldn't count. If you ignore them, you're trolling.

And yes, it's laughable, no, absurd, to think that the same amount of work went into making Megas as new Pokemon. They're literally the same thing as the old Pokemon, except they f*** up their designs by adding accessories, stripes, spikes, and color changes. Look at Mega Blastoise and try to tell me that took as much effort as making Braixen. That's hilarious.

You may have "reasons", but they're so biased that they're not even worth considering. And you could basically say the same thing for design time about cross-gen prevos and evos, yet those are still counted.

Actually he's right. If you think the majority of mega evolutions take as much work as a completely new design, you're kidding yourself.

My point is they're exactly the same as designs that are being counted. Namely, evolutions of previous gen pokemon, which is exactly what they are design-wise.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#44AlphrinPosted 10/8/2013 7:30:57 AM
I love three stage evolutions. And I love that that some three stage lines are getting mega-evolutions. I love the feeling of progression as your pokemon gets bigger and stronger throughout your adventure, and now mega-evolutions will enhance that.

I how that all of the starters, at least, end up getting mega-evolutions since they are the ones your are supposed to be closest to during your journey.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#45Prometheus4208Posted 10/8/2013 7:38:18 AM
Middle evolutions are pointless when you assume that everyone is just going to get them to their final forms. And in that way, I agree with you. I highly doubt anyone will stop a Pokemon from evolving unless it's for personal preference.

However, I would love to see more stages of evolution. I loved watching my pokemon get stronger, plus it gives you goals to work towards.

Not only that, but it adds more Pokemon in general to the game. Variety is always good.

I always use the Pokemon I find in the wild and in trainer battles as sort of benchmarks. I mean if you start to see tons of second evolutions, that gives you a good sense as to where your team should be too.
---
Waiting for: Terraria (VITA), PS4, Watch Dogs, Killzone Shadowfall