This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anti-Aegislash strategies?

#1BossBangPosted 10/7/2013 5:27:43 PM
Let's face it: we are about to see this thing everywhere, and for good reason: Aegislash is a force to be reckoned with.

So how do you counter an Aegislash?

I've seen it being discussed in a few other topics. I heard mention of using a Gliscor to heal and slam Mr. Aegis with repeated earthquakes. Earthquake seems to be the primary move, since it's non contact.

A smart Aegislash user will equip it with an Air Balloon. Lagging tail is another option to ensure shield form takes the enemy hit before striking.

Aegislash is steel type, so toxic stalling is off the table. However...

Willowisp: Burn that sucker, and cripple his attack stat so when he does try to strike, it won't hurt NEARLY as hard. Then finish him off.
---
"I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm angry because I'm not getting laid.." -stargazer64
#2MecamattPosted 10/7/2013 5:28:57 PM
Fire Blast from a very strong Fire poke.

Or like, V-Create from a Victini.

Boomtown.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
#3N-K-SPosted 10/7/2013 5:29:53 PM
Taunt would work against it as well as will o wisp. Also should you ev train it's defense or attack (seeing as it switches forms)?
#4SantiagofrfPosted 10/7/2013 5:31:32 PM
N-K-S posted...
Also should you ev train it's defense or attack (seeing as it switches forms)?

Im sure Hp will be a must, since he is somewhat lacking in that regard. The other stat would depend on the set I guess.
---
I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.
It's fortified with what the world wants, what the world deserves.
#5smashman92Posted 10/7/2013 5:31:54 PM
Disable!
---
Charizard for SSBU
#6CaitSith3394Posted 10/7/2013 5:32:35 PM
Mecamatt posted...

Boomtown.

Shadow Sneak will eat Victini.
---
Goomy.
#7N-K-SPosted 10/7/2013 5:33:19 PM
Santiagofrf posted...
N-K-S posted...

Im sure Hp will be a must, since he is somewhat lacking in that regard. The other stat would depend on the set I guess.

Yeah I was just thinking because when he changes stance his attack and defense swap and his special attack and special defence swap so would the Evs you put into those stats swap as well? Confused.com
#8PentaoPosted 10/7/2013 5:34:21 PM
Mecamatt posted...

Boomtown.

Victini doesn't wanna be anywhere near a STAB 150 Base Attack Shadow Sneak, especially if it's Life Orb'd. Victini isn't going to want to V-Create into a King's Shield either.

Strategy for Aegislash: Predict the King's shield and set up appropriately with a Pokemon that's not weak to ghost. Aegislash's low base speed means it won't get the jump on you without Shadow Sneak.

For example, predict Aegislash's Shadow Sneak and switch in using something like say, Heliolisk. To be safe, you can attack this turn, or you can use some set up move. Aegislash risks a lot if it doesn't go into shield stance (because Heliolisk can outspeed and OHKO in Sword Mode), and because Heliolisk is a special attacker, it won't lose to King's Shield. If you're sure they'll activate King's Shield instead of attacking with Sacred Sword or something, use a set up move. If Heliolisk learns Electric Terrain, now would be a great time.

Heliolisk is my example because it resists and is immune to both of Aegislash's STABs despite being Sacred Sword weak.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#9MecamattPosted 10/7/2013 5:34:50 PM
CaitSith3394 posted...
Mecamatt posted...

Boomtown.

Shadow Sneak will eat Victini.

You true. Hrm, is their a Fire Pokemon in the OU strong enough? Volcarona maybe? Magmortar?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
#10CaitSith3394Posted 10/7/2013 5:34:52 PM
N-K-S posted...
Santiagofrf posted...
N-K-S posted...

Yeah I was just thinking because when he changes stance his attack and defense swap and his special attack and special defence swap so would the Evs you put into those stats swap as well? Confused.com

I'm almost positive that the EVs won't swap. I think only his Base Stats swap, and that ignores EVs.

So max out HP and Attack.
---
Goomy.