This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I was watching this Showdown match and there's this guy with a very annoying

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, I was watching this Showdown match and there's this guy with a very annoying

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
3 years ago#1
Slowbro set that has Block/Recycle/Slack Off/Heal Pulse. Yes that set is easily defeat-able but if done correctly you can make the battle last forever until whoever decides to quit/give up. I hope GF has an answer to this because looking at it I felt back for "Tipoo", this isn't skill, it's just being a dick.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-55299313

I know the replay stopped at Turn 164 but this went on until Tipoo lost due to inactivity like turn 300 or something like that.
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: InninXI

InninXI
3 years ago#2
Taunt says hi
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#3
Or like, any boosting move ever.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: MrFingers07

MrFingers07
3 years ago#4
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf

User Info: SirPikachu

SirPikachu
3 years ago#5
How long did that take IRL? And also, I forgot all about Leppa berries, lol
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.

User Info: KyrieIrving

KyrieIrving
3 years ago#6
people should be able to use that set. anyone who uses that set is just wasting their sad, miserable life anyways.
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#7
MrFingers07 posted...
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/

If you fall to PP stall like that set, it's obvious that you've misplayed. If you think you can still do something, do something, but when a strategy like that with plenty of obvious counters and countermeasures stymies you sometimes it's worth falling on your own sword.

By the way, you would have hated competitive Generation 2 - it was all about stall and passive effects. GSC even had the nickname around where I was of Great Stalling Contest.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#8
That was beautiful.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF

User Info: Tai_Le_Ree

Tai_Le_Ree
3 years ago#9
InninXI posted...
Taunt says hi

Xenesis Xenon posted...
Or like, any boosting move ever.

Impossible when you're blocked with block on a mon without any of those moves.

I was in that battle it was fun. Relados joined to and no action happened.

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#10
Well, then you got outplayed :P

Trapping moves are fundamentally powerful if you do them right.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, I was watching this Showdown match and there's this guy with a very annoying

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived