This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I was watching this Showdown match and there's this guy with a very annoying

#1MrFingers07Posted 10/7/2013 6:49:57 PM
Slowbro set that has Block/Recycle/Slack Off/Heal Pulse. Yes that set is easily defeat-able but if done correctly you can make the battle last forever until whoever decides to quit/give up. I hope GF has an answer to this because looking at it I felt back for "Tipoo", this isn't skill, it's just being a dick.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-55299313

I know the replay stopped at Turn 164 but this went on until Tipoo lost due to inactivity like turn 300 or something like that.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#2InninXIPosted 10/7/2013 6:52:01 PM
Taunt says hi
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess
#3Xenesis XenonPosted 10/7/2013 6:52:48 PM
Or like, any boosting move ever.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#4MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:56:12 PM
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#5SirPikachuPosted 10/7/2013 6:56:22 PM
How long did that take IRL? And also, I forgot all about Leppa berries, lol
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#6KyrieIrvingPosted 10/7/2013 6:59:08 PM
people should be able to use that set. anyone who uses that set is just wasting their sad, miserable life anyways.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 10/7/2013 7:04:37 PM
MrFingers07 posted...
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/

If you fall to PP stall like that set, it's obvious that you've misplayed. If you think you can still do something, do something, but when a strategy like that with plenty of obvious counters and countermeasures stymies you sometimes it's worth falling on your own sword.

By the way, you would have hated competitive Generation 2 - it was all about stall and passive effects. GSC even had the nickname around where I was of Great Stalling Contest.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 10/7/2013 7:05:52 PM
That was beautiful.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#9Tai_Le_ReePosted 10/7/2013 7:08:09 PM
InninXI posted...
Taunt says hi

Xenesis Xenon posted...
Or like, any boosting move ever.

Impossible when you're blocked with block on a mon without any of those moves.

I was in that battle it was fun. Relados joined to and no action happened.
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 10/7/2013 7:10:03 PM
Well, then you got outplayed :P

Trapping moves are fundamentally powerful if you do them right.
---