This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I was watching this Showdown match and there's this guy with a very annoying

#11Ac3777Posted 10/7/2013 7:10:19 PM
This reminds me of GSC.

Those average ~200 turn battles.
---
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
~Face the wrath of killer lolis!
#12MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:10:33 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
MrFingers07 posted...
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/

If you fall to PP stall like that set, it's obvious that you've misplayed. If you think you can still do something, do something, but when a strategy like that with plenty of obvious counters and countermeasures stymies you sometimes it's worth falling on your own sword.

By the way, you would have hated competitive Generation 2 - it was all about stall and passive effects. GSC even had the nickname around where I was of Great Stalling Contest.

It's not even PP Stall, it's "whoever has the most time to waste wins" The dude can make the battle last forever as he can heal your Struggles with Heal Pulse and generate PP with the berry and Recycle. He's not even aiming on winning but to make the match last forever. :'/
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#13Xenesis XenonPosted 10/7/2013 7:12:00 PM
MrFingers07 posted...
It's not even PP Stall, it's "whoever has the most time to waste wins" The dude can make the battle last forever as he can heal your Struggles with Heal Pulse and generate PP with the berry and Recycle. He's not even aiming on winning but to make the match last forever. :'/

It's more that Struggle causes the user to lose 1/4 of their HP per attack. The Mon's going to faint fairly quickly.

And I stand by my point of lol, it's nothing compared to GSC.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#14GallantChaddymnPosted 10/7/2013 7:13:56 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
MrFingers07 posted...
That's not the point, like I said this moveset doesn't take anything special to beat it. It's that if you misplay or you find yourself unable to beat it then you're stuck in a "lock" so to speak. :/

If you fall to PP stall like that set, it's obvious that you've misplayed. If you think you can still do something, do something, but when a strategy like that with plenty of obvious counters and countermeasures stymies you sometimes it's worth falling on your own sword.

By the way, you would have hated competitive Generation 2 - it was all about stall and passive effects. GSC even had the nickname around where I was of Great Stalling Contest.

Blissey was born that GEn....i believe u lol
---
Pangoro and Noivern FTW
http://fav.me/d5r70a1
#15MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:14:19 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

It's more that Struggle causes the user to lose 1/4 of their HP per attack. The Mon's going to faint fairly quickly.

Heal Pulse heals half the HP, meaning it can keep you alive even as you struggle.
---
#16MrFingers07(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:15:03 PM
Though I don't know why I care about this so much. I guess I felt really bad for Tipoo. :/
---
#17Xenesis XenonPosted 10/7/2013 7:15:56 PM
MrFingers07 posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
MrFingers07 posted...

Heal Pulse heals half the HP, meaning it can keep you alive even as you struggle.

Oh right, I forgot that Heal Pulse can be targeted to your opponent.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#18ManuKesnaPosted 10/7/2013 7:21:50 PM
I dont get the point of that lol
How do some people have so much time to waste like that is beyond me
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna 3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925
GT: ManuKesna