This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 10 pokemon and a line sentence explanation of why

#1iKhan88Posted 10/7/2013 8:17:09 PM
Mine:
1. Charizard- Loved it the moment I saw it. Loved it's role in the anime, and it became an integral part of my team in Yellow version
2. Espeon- A more recent pick, In my 2nd playthrough of Crystal, I evolved my Eevee into an Espeon, and it completely kicked ass.
3. Butterfree- My first de-facto starter in Yellow. Highest level pokemon I ever trained at Lv. 92
4. Cyndaquil- The pokemon I always choose in Crystal. The first actual starter I used
5. Nidoking- BAMF that accompanied Butterfree in my first ever playthroug
6. Ho-Oh- My favorite legendary. The mythos surrounding it in Crystal was just incredible, and dat music.
7. Skarmory- Incredibly rare find I managed to get in my more recent Crystal playthrough. SO USEFUL
8. Suicune- Crystal's my favorite game in the franchise, of course Suicune will be on here
9. Samurott- My favorite starter from Gen V. Grew to love it
10. Reshiram/Yveltal/Tyranitar- Not sure which to pick. Reshiram is the first Dragon not weak to those pesky water types, Yveltal is AWESOME, and Tyranitar was always that awesome badass you wanted in gen 2.

Honorable mentions: Lanturn, Furret, Mienshao, Heatmor, rest of the Cyndaquil family, Aggron
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#2MecamattPosted 10/7/2013 8:18:07 PM
I like the idea of this, but it's so much work.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
#3iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:21:12 PM
Mecamatt posted...

You could also comment on mine. Or if you're lazy, don't include the description.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#4AquardPosted 10/7/2013 8:24:26 PM
1. Espeon - I was a kid and didn't know that maxing out an Eevee's happiness during the day would evolve it into Espeon, and I had wanted one with no idea how to get it, so imagine my surprise-- I've had one on every team ever since, if I can have one.
2. Fennekin - Don't look at me like that, Fennec Foxes are one of my favorite animals-- I guess I will stick Vulpix/Ninetails and Zorua/Zoroark here at number two as well for the same reasons, rather than have them occupy other spots just because foxes.
3. Mienshao - This thing is not only purple but kicks mega butt!
4. Charizard - First starter.
5. Hydreigon - First Pokemon I successfully EV trained.
6. Leafeon - I managed to get a shiny Eevee, EV train it, and it swept my brother's team.
7. Raichu - First level 100 Pokemon.
8. Milotic - Kicks butt at battles AND contests.
9. Krookodile - Dem shades.
10. Lapras - My favorite wall and Dragon destroyer.
---
3DS FC: 4983-5372-6214
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf || Name: Shannon / Town: Didney
#5iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:26:35 PM
Aquard posted...
1. Espeon - I was a kid and didn't know that maxing out an Eevee's happiness during the day would evolve it into Espeon, and I had wanted one with no idea how to get it, so imagine my surprise-- I've had one on every team ever since, if I can have one.
2. Fennekin - Don't look at me like that, Fennec Foxes are one of my favorite animals-- I guess I will stick Vulpix/Ninetails and Zorua/Zoroark here at number two as well for the same reasons, rather than have them occupy other spots just because foxes.
3. Mienshao - This thing is not only purple but kicks mega butt!
4. Charizard - First starter.
5. Hydreigon - First Pokemon I successfully EV trained.
6. Leafeon - I managed to get a shiny Eevee, EV train it, and it swept my brother's team.
7. Raichu - First level 100 Pokemon.
8. Milotic - Kicks butt at battles AND contests.
9. Krookodile - Dem shades.
10. Lapras - My favorite wall and Dragon destroyer.

You sir, have very good taste in Pokemon.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#6RedMatadorPosted 10/7/2013 8:35:53 PM
1. Golurk: Golems are my favourite fantasy creatures, and I'm glad that we finally got our golem pokémon. (Golem doesn't count, he's a ball of rocks)
2. Hydreigon: A three headed flying hydra pokémon that looks mean as hell, pretty cool to me.
3. Charizard: The first starter I ever chose.
4. Absol: There is something about Absol that reminds me of a fallen angel, and with his mega evolution I reassure it even more.
5. Mamoswine: A wooly mammoth, I never saw that one coming!
6. Gengar: When I was little I bought a Gengar keychain that also had a pokeball, I still have that keychain.
7. Blaziken: The first pokémon I ever trained to level 100, and all by myself.
8. Tyranitar: The first giant dinosaur pokémon I laid my eyes on.
9. Houndoom: A hellfire dog, with demon horns, enough said.
10. Aerodactyl/ Rampardos/ Bastiodon/ Tyrantrum: I couldn't just pick one. When I was little, I wanted to become a paleontologist due to my massive love of dinosaurs.
---
Lives, lived, will live. Dies, died, will die
#7KingDeadpoolPosted 10/7/2013 8:38:34 PM

charizard
scizor
furret
buizel
electrivire
grovyle
bayleef- although i dislike meganium
aipom
blaziken
corphish
#8usdmike181Posted 10/7/2013 8:41:04 PM
1. Alakazam - Was may favorite in gen 1 and I have been using him quite a bit since.
2. Mienshao - I originally did not like the design but used him and instantly loved him.
3. Hippowdon - Had always used Tyranitar for sand storms but discovered this guy's bulk and loved it.
4. Venomoth - The risk/reward in using this guy to quiver dance has been some of the most fun on the battle subway.
5. Nidoking - The recipient of Venomoth's baton pass when things get dicey...always nicknamed "Beast"
6. Blissey - The third consistent member of my Battle Subway team. I have been using the same one since Gen 3 (seismic toss ftw)
7. Metagross - Was may favorite in Gen 4. I always enjoyed using explode right before he went down.
8. Dragonite - a new one to the list primarily because of Multiscale, just fun to use.
9. Volcarona - Another new(ish) favorite. Namely for utility in breeding and use of HM Fly.
10. Salamence - Another of my favorite for battling. Reliable in a pinch.
---
3DS friend code Ajax: 2595-0429-7348
#9themagicpainmanPosted 10/7/2013 8:52:06 PM
1. Nidoking: King of kings, my original favorite. Will always hold the number 1 spot even if I sometimes feel like I like others a bit more. Great design, decent, unique typing, insane movepool. Always has a use for a team in-game.
2. Gardevoir: Pretty much tied with Nidoking, though again he was my favorite from the start. Not sure how to explain it; I just love everything about the design of this one. And no, not in that sort of way >_>
3. Rayquaza: When I first learned about this guy a few weeks after beating the E4 in Sapphire, I immediately went after him. Favorite design out of all the legendaries, and a powerhouse to boot. Destiny Deoxys also helped make me love him more. It was cool seeing a legend just rampage for once.
4. Mewtwo: The OG. First Movie nostalgia, original uber, blah blah. Plain and simple.
5. Milotic: Similar to Gardevoir in the sleek, elegant/beauty design being nailed.
6. Aggron: IT'S A GODDAMN METAL DINOSAUR.
7. Volcarona: Whoo boy, this bastard gave people another reason to respect Bug types. Amazing stats/moves, Really cool typing and design.
8. Deoxys: The form changing was a really cool idea, and again Destiny Deoxys was one of my favorite of the movies.
9. Sableye: The original no-weaknesses guy. Even if he was never that good until Prankster, he had a cool design with the gem-eyes and his typing was pretty cool. Of course, Fairy had to go ruin that...
10: Dragonair: Again, the whole elegant design factors in here. Not particularly powerful due to being NFE, but a lovely design that was sort of ruined... Though I don't hate Dragonite.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#10MelcheesedekPosted 10/7/2013 8:59:00 PM
1) Empoleon - Represents my favorite animal and has a fantastic typing.
2) Mismagius - I love its design. I would be thrilled to see it get Fairy added to its typing.
3) Volcarona - Again, great design and a complete murderbeast in battle. Moths are the best bugs.
4) Flareon - Call me crazy, but it's always served me well when I used it. The most adorable Eeveelution.
5) Flygon - I think I like the "cute" dragons more than the tough ones.
6) Armaldo - Favorite fossil, you can't go wrong with a rock solid dino-bug.
7) Roserade - Blah blah good design blah blah. Packs a wicked punch.
8) Medicham - Disliked it until I actually used it and witnessed its massive power. It really should have Mach Punch.
9) Zangoose - Adorable, badass, not much else to say.
10) Beheeyem - Probably one of my favorite pokemon concepts, and a cool design to boot.

List changes all the time, but these ones are pretty consistent. I'll have to try the new pokemon to see if they make the list, but from looks alone Noivern stands a decent chance.
---
"...Are you crying?"
"Of course not, it's liquid pride. Totally different thing."
-Shining Armor