This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Idea for a new starter trio.

#1paiprPosted 10/7/2013 8:55:11 PM
Grass type Platypus; Now I get what your thinking, a Platypus and its not the water type? Hear me out though. One of the biggest traits about the Platypus is how its such an odd creature. Lays eggs and has a beak, but not a bird, its a mammal. So even though I imagine it will have a few water attacks, I also think it be fun for it to be a grass type to further show off that, "what the what" quality it has going for it.

Fire type Koala; Again could makes alot of sense to be a different type. But my thought is this little guy uses its flames to actually heat up/cook the leafs it eats. Adding a fun little characteristic of being quite picky about what it eats.

Water type Kangaroo. It uses its powerful legs to swim through the water. Also it can focus and vibrate them just enough so that it can actually stand on water, make it a grand fight on land, and on water.

(These ideas are born from a recent thought of what a region based in Australia might be like)
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2tehponycornPosted 10/7/2013 8:56:51 PM
paipr posted...
Grass type Platypus; Now I get what your thinking, a Platypus and its not the water type? Hear me out though. One of the biggest traits about the Platypus is how its such an odd creature. Lays eggs and has a beak, but not a bird, its a mammal. So even though I imagine it will have a few water attacks, I also think it be fun for it to be a grass type to further show off that, "what the what" quality it has going for it.

Fire type Koala; Again could makes alot of sense to be a different type. But my thought is this little guy uses its flames to actually heat up/cook the leafs it eats. Adding a fun little characteristic of being quite picky about what it eats.

Water type Kangaroo. It uses its powerful legs to swim through the water. Also it can focus and vibrate them just enough so that it can actually stand on water, make it a grand fight on land, and on water.

(These ideas are born from a recent thought of what a region based in Australia might be like)

I like it!
---
Doing a Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke. 12 Deaths before the 6th Gym Badge. I'm screwed.
TO ADVENTURE! *Flies off on Unicorn-Pegasus*
#3Sir_BadassPosted 10/7/2013 8:57:29 PM
Koala has potential as a Fire/Grass type but it shouldn't be a starter.

Other two are crap.
#4the_doctor1013Posted 10/7/2013 8:57:32 PM
go home
#5Octaivian_RexPosted 10/7/2013 8:57:53 PM

So?

Water/Poison, Fire/Poison, Grass/Poison?
---
http://i.picasion.com/resize74/6d90c9342974ff164d4f0acd718fde7a.gif
#6KingDeadpoolPosted 10/7/2013 8:58:10 PM
these are actually ALL AMAZING, I would have an impossibe time to choose my starter

gamefreak take notes
#7Jerk_BeefyPosted 10/7/2013 9:00:13 PM
I like to think Ludicolo is a grass-type platypus.
#8Meta289Posted 10/7/2013 9:03:03 PM
Water starter should be a cone snail.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:05:37 PM
Sir_Badass posted...
Koala has potential as a Fire/Grass type but it shouldn't be a starter.

Other two are crap.

The Koala eats vegetation, it be a bit of a cannable if it became /grass type.

Octaivian_Rex posted...

So?

Water/Poison, Fire/Poison, Grass/Poison?

Not sure the typing.

The Platypus I could see staying pure Grass type, or perhaps having some random combo like Grass/Rock, or Grass/Steel.

The Koala, I imagine becoming a bit of a 'chef' so maybe Fire/Ice, allowing it to heat and cool its food as it sees fit.

The Kangaroo, could be pure Water, but also maybe Water/Fighting (boxing Kangaroo) or Water/Flying (uses its legs to jump high, and also float via the leg vibrations)
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
#10paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:23:54 PM
still curious as to folks thoughts on these guys.
---